clarke.

[ requested by @dark-blue-dreams ]

prompts
15 | "you can't protect everyone"
2 | bandaging them up

set in the delinquents camp.

sorry this took so long to get out!

"Y/N?"

"hey, you're awake..."

"what the hell happened?" clarke asked concerned, beginning to get up, wincing, before you gently put her back down.

she had blacked out for a few minutes, after getting in between some fight that the delinquents were having. she had a tendency to do that, try to fix everything and help everyone. but this time, it ended up with her having a nasty gash on her arm from when she was pushed and fell. the blonde girl had caught her arm on a sharp rock that one of the delinquents was using to hold down their tent, tearing her skin and knocking her out from the impact.

"i need to clean and bandage up your arm..."

clarke silently glanced at her arm, and let you take it in your gentle hands. you started off with dipping a cloth into some water and dabbing it on her gash, cleaning it and making the blonde girl hiss in pain. you looked at her and offered a small smile as a sort of apology, and continued on your work.

once she was all cleaned and bandaged up, you could see their was definitely something else wrong.

"hey, does anywhere else hurt?" you put a hand on her shoulder, and looked her in the eyes. while your eyes were filled with concern, hers were just...

empty.

"they got in a fight over the rations, i should've changed everything sooner... i-i should've made sure everything was fine and i didn't-" tears filled her eyes, and you quickly wrapped your arms around her frame trying to avoid her sore arm as much as possible.

"what if the grounders attack now? they haven't had good rations so they won't have strength... they could die! i cant-"

you cut her off, shushing quietly, and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. she rested her head on your chest, allowing you to cradle her in your arms.

you can't protect everyone, clarke.