Seven

Peyton strolls into his kitchen in a mood and flops himself down on a chair from the dinning table, propping his elbow up and resting his head on top of his hand.

He woke early after only a couple hours sleep last night, kept tossing and turning and there was an annoying alarm from a car going off outside most of the night. So he's quite grumpy this morning.

"You alright bud?" Kai comes in just wearing sweatpants and his eyes furrow at Peyton, clearly seeing that he isn't okay. "Red day today?" He grabs a carton of juice out the fridge and a bowl from the cupboard.

"Hm" Peyton groans clearly not wanting to speak, he's too tired for that.

Kai pouts at him as he makes two bowls of cereal and two glasses of juice. "Your fine, you only have about," he checks the clock and pulls a face, "eight hours of school? Then you can rest." He puts the food in front of a glaring Peyton.

But kai only shrugs and ruffles his brothers curls earning a swift slap to the hand, he's clearly not great at cheering people up.

To top everything off that's gone wrong already today, the weather is shit. Though England's weather can never make up its mind as yesterday the sun was out, happily dancing with the fluffy clouds in the blue sky.

But now its foggy and muggy, the ground is damp and the sun cowards behind now angry gray clouds. Everything looks bleak but its kind of comforting, Peyton doesn't really like hot weather, its too sticky and sweaty.

It makes his clothes feel like they're glued to his skin and he despises it, it feels all icky and gross.

Though its halfway through June it is freezing.

Bad weather puts him in bad moods, not like this though. This weather is moderately fine, the sky isn't chaotic with fighting lightning and thunder- that's the weather he hates.

Yet as he finally gets to school, hopping out the red bus onto the hard concrete ground, his mood is still down.

Walking down the path to the school and through the gates, he keeps his head down directing his feet towards his locker. Although in most British schools they don't have lockers, in this college they have small ones you see in a swimming pools, where you can put all your belongings u don't need when in class.

So he does just that, stuffs his small backpack in after fetching his English book and slams the locker afterwards. He can't be arsed with heaving around a backpack all day, not when he's already feeling down and low enough.

Heading into class he drops down in his seat slamming his book on the table, he looks up to see...

Just to see the English teacher, staring right back at him with a big smile on her face and sweet looking eyes. "Hello you, you're here early again" she places her mug on the desk that emits steam, showing how hot her tea/coffee is.

Then she clicks her tounge against the roof of her mouth, "so...you're here early" Peyton just stares at her, basically right through her.

She crosses her arms and nods slowly, "In my classroom, so you like english... or?" She's quite an awkward teacher, but atleast she's trying for a conversation. Peyton is giving nothing in return just a plain face and distant eyes.

She clears her throat and her blue eyes dart everywhere in the class, "I like english" she ponders out loud, like she is having a conversation with herself- which basically she is at this point.

But the curly haired boy just looks at her with a funny look, his head slightly tilted. "Of course you like English, or else you wouldn't be teaching it. I think it would be quite dumb to teach something you don't like" his eyebrows are furrowed as he's clearly confused.