Twenty nine

Peyton is at Cole's house, sat on the sofa next to him. They aren't sat close because Peyton wants his space, he didn't get a good sleep last night and woke up grumpy. He felt snappy and moddy that day and yelled at Kai for waking him up in the morning.

He started crying and rocking forwards and backwards on the floor when his brother left because he felt like everything was too much. Then Lizzie came in and sat next to him in silence which helped, he liked having someone there but when he was feeling overwhelmed and going through a meltdown he didn't want anyone to touch him.

It made him even more annoyed so he sat far away from Cole as he didn't want to argue with his boyfriend. He didn't want to make Cole sad so he sat curled up to the other end of the couch, his hair a total mess as he couldn't be bothered to fix it and he felt iritaited when he tried because it didn't cooperate with him.

"I'm getting a drink" he tells Cole without looking at the boy before walking out the room and into the kitchen. He grabs a glass to fill but because he's so tired and his body felt exhausted the cup slipped through his fingers, shattering on the ground.

The noise made him jump back and cringe but looking down at the broken bits of glass on the floor his eyes teared up. He hated this feeling, the feeling that everything was magnified by 100 and that he could hear and see everything all at once.

He could still hear the TV on in the living room, he could hear a buzzing noise from the fridge, the washing machine going off. Paws tapping on the ground, the lights blinding him and hear Cole calling him.

He sees fingers in front of his face and when he looks up he spots a blurred concerned Cole, blurred because of his tears that were streaming down his face but he made no crying sound because he didn't need to hear anything more on top of what he was already hearing.

It was all just too much.

"Hey Peyton, what happened?" Cole moves to hug Peyton and comfort him but the boy pushed away his arm. "Go away!" He screams at him which shocked the older boy.

Cole wanted to reach out and comfort the smaller boy, tell him it's okay and that it's just a glass which can be easily cleaned up. But he knew that Peyton wasn't just sad over the glass, he had been off all day. Not talking much, he didn't even seem like he was in his body.

"Peyton come here" Peyton looks up to him and wipes the tears from his eyes, he sniffles and decides to fall into Cole's embrace. Because whenever he's in a sensory overload Cole is always there to help him, to comfort him.

So maybe he can be the shoulder Peyton cries on instead of pushing everyone anyway.

He grabs onto Cole and stuffs his face in his chest, Cole's arms tighten around the smaller boy and his head rests on his curls. He rubs his hand in circles on Peytons back whispering comforting words.

"It's okay bunny, you're okay."

For the remainder of the day they spend snuggled up on the couch with a comfy blanket over them both. Peyton stuck to Cole as his eyes slowly close but with every little sound they open. Spongebob is on in the background quietly because Cole thought it would be nice to have it on for Peyton as he loves it so much.

The next day is college, already lunch time and Peyton is feeling better. He's not so grouchy or iritaited by the tinest of things and he's happy as he spends lunch with Cole and Milo- his boyfriend and best friend.

He can never get tired of saying that.

"An ostrich eye is bigger than it's brain" Peyton interrupts Cole and Milo's conversation to say because it just randomly popped into his head. They both turn their heads to look at him blankly for a second before they go back to their chat.