🖤 The end 🖤

(Idk why but the chapters have messed up for some people, this is supposed to be after chapter thirty, thirty one and thirty two so make sure to read them first!! <3)

Peyton's head laid across Cole's lap on top of the white hill, frost had set all over the grounds of Ravenswood as the weather increasingly became icier. The boy's hair spilt messily in every direction on Cole's lap as the older swept a curl from poking his deep brown eye that stared up to him.

He smiled down at his boyfriend feeling lucky that he gets hold Peyton, to call him his boyfriend. 

They were on a picnic cloth considering that they would get wet from the sludge if they sat on the ground, which at this point was just a thin layer of snow hiding every piece of grass. It looked nice though, it made the town seem calm- an idyllic setting, especially for a perfect date for the two. 

Everything seemed to slow down when they connected eyes, it was like nothing else mattered and nothing did at that point. Only each other. It looked like a good setting to take a picture of the town from on top of the hill, there was no wind so everything was calm and fitting for a photo but they didn't need to capture this moment because they would remember this day forever.

They sat at the very edge of the hill to see over it, it reminded them about a few weeks ago when they were there with Milo, it reminded them of their first ever kiss and a few dates they've had on this very edge.

"It's too quiet up here" Cole said in a hushed tone letting it drift from the hill to down below, not wanting to disrupt the air between them. Peyton's eyes fluttered shut and his long lashes danced against his skin, Cole thought he looked very serene when he shut his eyes and closed the world out.

"That's because it's just us up here," Peyton told him in a quiet voice, wanting to keep the peace and quiet. Cole brushed his index finger against the curly haired boy's cheekbone, wiping away a stray eyelash which caused Peyton's eyes to shoot open.

He started directly into Cole's eyes and memorised every speck of colour in his iris, the different shades of blues and greys mixing together and there was a small dot of hazel at the bottom of each eye.

He squinted his own eyes and his hand had a mind of it's own as one found Cole's face, Cole smiled down at him when he cupped his chin and brought the older's face downwards to him. Stealing a small kiss.

When they slowly parted all Peyton could think about was love.

Not in general, more specific than that. 

Before he could think too long and hurt his brain he asked a question instead, "when did you stop smoking?" He never saw Cole smoke in front of him but he knew the boy did smoke, he saw old lighters in his room and pieced it together. 

"Truth?" Cole questions with slightly raised brows.

"Truth"

"Before our first kiss" a small blush spreads against Peyton's cheeks after hearing that, "okay, when did you stop stealing?" Cole dared to ask his own question. "Truth?"

"Truth" Cole nodded and Peyton shuffled around to get more comfier on his lap. "When you told me to" he whispered out and looked up into the blank sky, "what about fighting?" Cole furrowed his eyebrows, "assuming truth?" Peyton nodded and chuckled quietly at that- his eyes crinkling and everything which Cole adored.