Thirteen

The day after, Peyton sluggishly stumbles down the stairs, his curls a mess on his head and his skin as white as snow. One hand is rubbing at his stomach and the other holding the railing.

His eyes are half closed as he steps into the kitchen where Kai is making a cup of tea, Peyton groans earning his brother's attention.

Once he turns around to spot his brother his once emotionless face fills with worry, he rushes over to the smaller boy and swipes a curl out his brother's eye. Although the two haven't spoke since their argument, Kai will never not care for him- especially when he looks a state, like now.

"What's up? You look sick" his voice is soft and calm though his eyes are frantic, seeing how the boy sways slightly and the paleness on his face. He lifts the boy chin with his finger to look in his eyes, which slowly keep closing.

Like he's going to pass out any minute.

Peyton groans again but this time with words, "my tummy is hurting and I feel warm and gross" his hand clutches at his belly. Kai puts the back of his hand to Peyton's forehead and winces at how hot the boy feels. "You have a temperature" he tells him whilst looking around the kitchen.

Once spotting the clock he curses, he's supposed to be at work but he doesn't want to leave Peyton like this.

He grabs the boy's arm and directs him into the living room, once there he plops the boy down on the couch and makes sure he's in a comfortable position.

He leaves for the kitchen and Peyton moans, feeling too icky with how much he's sweating. Waiting for his brother to return he reaches out for the remote control and turns on the TV.

Spongebob pops up and he smiles before his eyes are shutting slightly again.

"Here drink some water, and take this" Kai returns and hands him a tablet and a glass which he swallows both down. Probably some paracetamol to help his stomach, "I phoned work, telling them I'll be late."

Kai sits next to Peyton and starts rubbing Peyton's knees which are against his chest. They sit in silence for a second before Peyton decides to break it, "Cole and I kissed."

With this his brother whips his head around with wide eyes, staring at Peyton's in question and shock. "What?" He furrows his eyebrows, not even knowing his brother and Cole where more than friends.

Not realising how close they are.

Peyton nods slowly but winces and closes his eyes, he takes in a deep breath. "A couple days ago for the second time, we kissed and I liked it" Kai is just surprised and speechless, not knowing what to say he purses his lips.

"So... you like boys?" He scratches at the back of his head in a awkward gesture and keeps his eyes trained on squidward.

Peyton shrugs lazily, his eyes drooped. "I don't know, I've only liked Cole" Kai takes in a deep breath at the news. "You like Cole?" He questions as his eyes find their way back to Peyton.

Peyton's own eyes open and his eyebrows furrows as his forehead creases, "well you normally kiss the person you like don't you?" Kai wants to laugh at that because everyone before Lizzie he's kissed, he's never liked them more than just a quick hookup. But Lizzie is different.

"I guess" he starts to pick at his trousers, "damn, I missed allot" he looks down and puffs out a breath of air. "Look Peyton, I'm sorry this whole fight has gone longer than it should have, I should have just apologised sooner. Maybe then I would still be up to date with my little brother's life."

At this point he's just beating himself up about it, about not knowing Peyton's feelings or helping him through it. Instead ignoring it and not even knowing that Peyton could be gay, or bi, or... Colesexual?