Seventeen

The day after Cole stuck to his promise, to reschedule their movie night. Peyton was still pissed with him yet he didn't let it show. But as soon as Cole led him to his room and they snuggled in his bed while watching 'call me by your name' (which Peyton suggested) the younger boy gave up his mood with Cole.

As soon as Cole's arms hugged around his body in the comfy bed, his hand connecting with Peyton's and his chin on his curls. Peyton melted right next to him with a smile on his face, not even caring that the day before the older blew him off.

Currently, a couple days later the air still cold and the sky still littered with grey clouds, Cole decided he wanted to go out instead of having a movie night in.

Their movie nights are sort of like dates, comfy quiet nice dates that Peyton loves ever so.

But Cole wanted a change so now they are in a feild, trees in the background with their dead leaves crumbled on the ground. It's slowly turning from fall to winter as the days pass, the rain swapping for snow though not much. The orange leaves changed to brown ones and the birds hidden away in the comfort of their own nests.

Peyton likes winter, maybe more than fall.

He loves watching the snow fall from the sky, he likes seeing how every bit of ground changes to a lovely pure white.

He feels like a penguin when he ventures out into the snow, hugged tightly in warm clothes and scarfs so that he can't barely even see what he's doing. He finds it fun when he has to waddle because then he resembles a penguin even more.

Though as of now it isn't currently snowing, more like everything is frosty.

In the field is a table and bench where they sit at, for some dumb reason Cole brought a picnic basket. Dumb because it is quite cold out though the trees around the field do stop the slight breeze.

"You cold?" Peyton reaches out for a sandwich that Cole had prepared, the tips of his fingers are red and slightly numb. He can feel goosebumps arise- this time not because of Cole, though he can't deny how good the boy is looking sat infront of him.

With a slight red to his noise and cheeks and his skin colour blending into the scenery.

He's very pretty.

"You're pretty" and for some reason he had to speak his mind, he doesn't regret it though. He just nibbles on the crust of his sandwich staring into grey eyes that sparkled. And that also looked quite shocked.

Cole just keeps his stare onto Peyton with raised brows, he's clearly flustered as his cheeks darken, not because of the cold. He reaches a gloved hand up and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Huh? Erm, yeah? Really, pretty? Huh?" He stumbles over his words but Peyton's too focused on his food.

He likes food.

"Pretty boy" Peyton looks from his sandwich to Cole to see him almost choke on his drink. He coughs and tries to stop as his face slowly turns more red- if possible. And Peyton just watches him with a tilt to his head.

Did he not like to be called 'pretty'?

Once Cole collects himself he gives a small smile, "thanks. You are too" he nods to Peyton and reaches for his bottle but his hand freezes over it. "Pretty, you're pretty i mean. And cute, actually you're adorable" Peyton watches him all whilst eating the crust on his sandwich. "You're all the words, nice ones. Cute, funny adorable, sweet-"

Peyton puts his hand over Cole's, stopping his speech.

"I get it, thanks" he giggles at the older boy losing his 'cool', he seems to always do that around Peyton. Like the first time seeing him in may, he instantly wanted to know him- everything about him. And now they're dating.