03. who's the new guy?

"Some things are meant to be secret and not to be heard"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"What do you mean we're eating lunch with Chenle and his friends?" Ning stared blankly at the older girl at the mention of her cousin's name. The five girls walked down the crowded school hallway with books tightly pressed to their chests.

"Donghyuck invited us. He's my seatmate in literature. That's not the point, though. They, um. They know something about Yejun." Hayun responded, "I need to gather as much information as possible."

"Haechan invited us?!" Ning gasped, struggling to catch up to the older girls. Donghyuck was mainly known as Haechan. The nickname his hockey team gave him. Haechan means full sun, and Yeoju dinosaurs would describe the boy just the same. He's one of the best players and always radiates brightness whenever he's playing. Lee Donghyuck sure knows how to melt the entire ice rink, so the name fits him perfectly.

"Yes, now if I remember correctly, you have history next. Which is this classroom over there." Hayun smiled, pushing the younger girl inside. Minjeong followed right after, sending the girls a friendly wave.

"Uchinaga Aeri and Wong Kunhang, please come see me in my office." Principal Jung's voice echoed the hallway, all eyes turning to the mentioned girl.

"What did you do now?" Jimin smiled, slapping Aeri's arm.

"She probably scared another freshman with her tarot card reading," Hayun laughed, recalling last year's events.

"Haha, very, very funny." the girl responded, walking away from the conversation. Aeri scrunched her nose, wondering why the principal requested to see her. As she walked the now deserted hallway, Aeri could already hear Hendery's voice echoing the room. She tilted her head at the sight of the unfamiliar boy standing not far from the office door. Who's the new guy?

"It's my real name too! It's just the professors won't use it, I-"

"Dude, just drop it," Aeri said, entering the room. Kunhang, or if we were to use his preferred name Hendery, loved to bicker with professors. Especially over the use of his name. 

"Are we in trouble?"
"Surprisingly, no," principal Jung closed the door behind her, motioning for her to sit down, "We have a new transfer student."

Aeri and Hendery looked at each other in confusion. "I need someone to show him around. He's from Japan, so I thought Aeri was the best choice, and Kunhang would be an accompaniment. Since you two work so well together anyway."

"Is that the guy that's waiting outside?" principal Jung nodded.

"Osaki Shotaro. He's in your grade. He can speak Korean. But if there are any problems, Aeri is here to assist." the principal escorted them out of the office, pointing towards a boy. He stood leaning against the locker, headphones on his head as he tapped his left foot against the floor. He turned to look at the two teenagers, flashing them a big eye smile.