07. m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ you

"Do you know what I'm thinking now?"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Nakamoto Yuta was a known figure in the school. The high school students would glare as he walked the halls, often whispering and exchanging looks. If anyone in Yeoju high had to describe Nakamoto Yuta, it would always be something along the lines of intimidating and scary.

Yuta's father used to work at a small marketing company, but as Yeoju started developing, the company he used to work at failed, and he lost his job. Yuta took a part-time position at Johnny's diner to gain some money and help his family. His grades started slipping, and it majorly affected his mood, making the boy look distant and unapproachable.

The only thing that made Yuta break free from all the problems was soccer. Even though he wasn't as good as Yejun or Sungchan, Yuta played with passion and sentiment. It kept him occupied and comfortable, something he never felt outside the field. And Yejun took it all away.

Being the captain, Yejun had the power to take this one important thing from him. Yeah, Yuta's grades weren't incredible. He was on the verge of failing three classes, but soccer wasn't the cause. Yejun just didn't understand. How could he? They were complete opposites.

While Yejun was the perfect model student and made every person in school adore and idolize him, Yuta couldn't stay out of trouble. Fights, cursing and arguing with the teachers, vandalizing school grounds... All of those were on the list of Nakamoto Yuta's usual stunts.

Putting all that into consideration, Hayun wondered could he really be someone capable of murder?

The sunshine club was, once again, gathered at the back of the school library to discuss the topic of the infamous Nakamoto Yuta being the potential Yeoju high killer.

"I don't quite remember, but it could have been him." Jaemin shrugged after Hayun finished retelling her conversation with Taeyong.

"You still won't exclude the possibility of it being Doyoung, right?" Jimin questioned, "Taeyong could have said that just to protect him."

"I know, but," Hayun sighed, looking at her friends, "I trust Taeyong. Let's look into Yuta first."

The rest agreed, simply nodding their heads at Hayun's statement. It was her idea to meet before the class started so everyone could keep a close eye on Yuta and his whereabouts.

"Whatever you say, you're the boss." Haechan got up, walking towards the door as the bell rang.

The part of the group bid their goodbyes to their first-year friends before walking into their shared class. Biology was the absolute worse. They have been doing group projects since the beginning of the year. Their teacher, Mr. Won, barely paid any attention and couldn't even bother to assign the pairs.