05. ready or not

"Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Thank you for reporting it to me." Aeri bowed to the foreign boy, taking the ID from his hand.

The group gathered in a circle, eying the small card. "It would make sense that it was someone from the student council, right?" Mark scratched his head, remembering the page in the yearbook.

"And it would make sense that it was him." Hayun bit the inside of her cheek.

" Hayun bit the inside of her cheek

"Kim Doyoung." she continued, "He was always jealous of my brother's position in the council."

"True, he was angry when he got the vice president spot," Renjun exclaimed while Haechan broke out laughing, remembering the furious expression on Doyoung's face when Yejun won the election.

"So, what do we do now?" Jeno asked, raising his head.

"Question someone from the council?" Hayun shrugged her shoulders, opening her backpack and shoving the ID card inside.

"Are you not returning the ID?" Jimin asked, following the girl, "What if we get in trouble? And who are you planning on questioning anyways?"

"Relax, I'll return it tomorrow. Although, It's pretty much evidence."

Jimin shook her head, exiting the school building with the rest of the group.

"And for questioning, I'll just ask Taeyong." she smiled.

Taeyong was part of the school council and one of Yejun's best friends. Along with Jungwoo and Jaehyun, the boys were known for being extremely close friends. Hayun knew Taeyong very well, so there would be no problem asking him for some help with her investigation.

Everyone was skeptical about her idea, but considering the situation Hayun was in, they decided to keep quiet and trust her.

The group separated on a roundabout, Ningning, Chenle, Jeno, and Jimin going left while the others went right. They bid their goodbyes, promising the meet before the first period.