The Puppet's Thread

" Hel-" I manage to choke out.

" Silence~."

" Yukio, I want you-"

" I'll do anything just don't hurt Shade!" He says.

" N-n-"

" Ok then~." Arshad brings the letter opener closer to my throat, leaving a small cut on my throat.

" Sha-"

" Silence~. What you are going to do is either kill Titan or......."

" Or what?!? I'll do anything!!"

" Fight my puppet, Cid~."

I see a line of blood suddenly appear on Yukio's cheek.

" Wha-" I choke out.

Yukio looks at where the cut is and his eyes widen.

" A.....wire?" He says.

" The choice is yours~. Just call my name when you've made your decision~." Arshad disappears, holding me.

" Shade!!!" I call out his name before they disappear.

" No......No....." Tears form in my eyes and fall to my knees.

" No...." I sob.

I slowly walk to the cafeteria, looking down so my hair covers my face.

" ki...ll......tit....an.....or......fi...ght......hi...m...."

It's about 2:30 am.

I walk to Titan's office.

" kill....." I mutter as I open his door.

" Yukio?" He looks at me from his paper.

".... Kill." I take out my sword and run towards his.

" Not so fast." I feel multiple threads seize my body, leaving me immobile.

" Ah....." I try to move but, I couldn't.

" Not.so. Fast." I turn my head to the door and see Storm with thin silver threads coming out of her fingertips.

" Have you heard of " The Puppet's Thread" ?" She asks me.

" What?"

" I over heard your conversation with him. News travels fast here." She says.

" But why do you-"

" Do you really think a follow assassin would disappear and no one would notice? You can really be an idiot sometimes." She says.

" One thing to keep in mind is that you Cannot cut the thread if it's attached to someone."

" Why? I don't understand. Wouldn't the person be free if the thread is cut?" I ask, confused.

" No. The thread becomes part of the person. No matter how much you cut off, a small part will remain in the body. No one has been able to take the thread out, even if they had to cut into the person's skin and try to get it out."

" No one has been able to do it?!" I ask.

" Or no one knows anyone who's been able to do it. But I wouldn't recommend it. You might turn who ever has the small part of the thread into a pile of meat before you're able to find it." She says.

" So... Anyone controlled by the thread can only be free from it when the controller takes it out of them and no one else can?" I ask.

" Exactly."

" Arshad!" I call his name.

" Yes~." He hear him whisper in my ear, softly.

That sent a chill down my spine.

" I-I will fight Cid." I say.

" Aww, and I saw you nearly kill Titan~." Arshad pouts.

" Oh well~." He snaps his fingers and a thin, pale boy, who looks about Shade's age, with crimson eyes and black hair. He had on a sleeveless crimson shirt, black pants and brown boots. His eyes had no light in them, just like Arshad.

" How fast are you?" Cid slowly rises up his arm.