Shade-End

Art drawn by me.

I wake up in the infirmary.
" Where am-"
" SHADE! !!!!" Yukio tackles me, almost causing me to fall off the bed.
" Fuck!!" I cough and push Yukio off me.
" Shade...." he looks at me with sad eyes.
" Sorry. You know I hate it when you take me by surprise!" I say to him.
" Glad to see you're awake." I hear Morgan say to me.
" Morgan...." I look around the room.
" Yes. It's me." He smiles.
" It's been a long time." I smile back at him.
" Shade...." Yukio narrows his eyes at me.
" Relax. We never dated." I say.
" He did kiss me though." Morgan teases.
" That was CPR!!!" I yell at him and Yukio sighs in relief.
" Anyway, I'm here because, of a certain killer who almost successfully killed Shade." He says.

Emri Grimm. Second oldest of the Grimm family. Sister of the successful and feared, Zerces Grimm. Anyone who receives a threat from them is killed at the most unexpected times. No one can figure out a pattern but, they all have their own theories.

" Grimm..... Are there any other members?" I ask.
" A girl and the youngest is a boy. We don't know their names." Morgan says.
I sigh.
" I'm here to investigate on them and search this place. May I ask you a few questions on Emri?" Morgan asks.
" Any time." I say.
Yukio growls and I flick him on the forehead.
" What does she look like?" He asks.
" Pink hair, green eyes, and wears Gothic lolita clothes." I say.
" Thank you. Now I have a mental picture of what she looks like. " Morgan says.
" I can help you with the investigation." I say.
Yukio growls again.
" And you're not going to come with me with that attitude of yours. " I say.
" Fine!" He stomps his way out of the room. " But you can come with us when you're ready! " Morgan says to him.
" Just give him time. " I say.

Morgan examines the ground on where I was attacked by Emri.
" There's a lot of blood.... But you shouldn't bleed thus much from a gunshot." He mutters.
" Hm?"
" She must've used a special gun with a substance inside it to make you bleed this much...." He mutters then his eyes widen.
" Where and at what angle did she shoot you? " He asks.
" She was in front of me and shot me at a straight angle." I say.
" The bullet had to have a substance in it for you to bleed this much in a short amount of time. If only I had the bullet...." he says.
" You mean this~." Arshad appears next to him, holding a bullet.
" Oh! Yes! Thank you! " he takes the bullet but, then looks back at him.
" You're.... Baron Arshad of Fear." He says.
" Good to see someone's been doing their homework on shadows and how we're titled~." He chuckles.
" Do you plan on giving me nightmares for a while in exchange for this bullet?" He asks.
" Oh~. Since you know your stuff, maybe not~." He grins.
He sighs.
" Well now I have something to examine in the lab." Morgan says.
" I don't think Mercuria would mind if you use her lab." I say.
" She is a kind woman. " He smiles.
" But she's taken. " I say.
" I knew she was. " He stands up.

" Shade...." Yukio walks into the tent.
" Hey Yukio." I look at him, away from Morgan.
" I'm sorry for how I acted..." Yukio says, looking down in shame.
" It's alright." I smile.

Morgan views the bullet under a microscope.
" There's a black substance inside the bullet..." He takes a scapul and digs the substance out of the bullet and puts it on a separate small circular glass plate.
He makes away from the microscope and observes the substance in the plate.
" Shade, can you get some blood from the fridge? " he asks.
" Alright." I walk to the fridge and grab a blood pack and give it to him.
" Thank you." He says and takes a drop of blood from the pack and drops it onto the substance.
The blood bubbles and begins to flood the plate.
Morgan dumps water on the plate and the blood stops.
" Black Duplicate." He says.
" What?" Yukio asks.
" Black Duplicate. It's a poison that causes blood to produce more of it but, the blood is poisonous and spreads through the entire body and kills the host in a matter of minutes. The only cure is in music that I study. I was lucky to have ran into you two." He says.
" Hm. Well then. I doubt Emri will attack me anytime soon so we can relax for now." I say.
" Oh Shade! I have someone I want you to meet." Yukio says.
" Hm?" I look at him, confused.

Yukio walks in the middle of a field and turns to me.
" I want you to meet my son, Kale Battleblood." He says and I see a small boy behind Yukio leg.
" He's an angel. He's been stuck in heaven for 8,000 years. And that's how old he is. And....He helped me become Yukio instead of staying as Raston." He says.
I kneel down.
" Nice to meet you." I smile.
He shyly hides behind his leg.
" Maybe we should introduce him to Daniel? " I ask.
" That's a great idea!" Yukio says.

" Daniel, this is Kale." I introduce Daniel to Kale.
" Nice to meet you." He walks up to Kale.
" Um...." Kale looks away shyly.
" Can we be friends?" Kale asks.
Daniel smiles.
" Of course. I've always wanted a friend around my age." Daniel smiles as Kale takes a hold of his hand.

" That is a start of a beautiful friendship, don't you agree?" Morgan smiles and looks at me.
" Indeed. But that doesn't mean they won't have horrible things happen to them in the future." I say.