The Puppet and the Demon

" You're gonna regret this." I close my eyes for a second and my hair turns black and blood red.

" Raston~?"

" How do you know my name?" I turn to Arshad, pulling out my sword.

" I do my homework~." He smirks.

" Homework?" I ask.

" You're actually quite famous, son of the devil~."

" Whatever, let's get this fight over with!" I point my sword at Cid.

" Cid Ackerman vs Raston Battleblood~. Who will win~? Who will lose~? I shall discuss what I have planned~. If you, Raston, win, I shall return Shade to you unharmed~. But, if Cid wins, you will never get to see your precious reaper ever again~. But I'll give you his body when I'm done~." He grins.

" Fine. Let me start this fight!" I run up to Cid.

" Stop~. Cid, be a good puppet and turn off your shadow seal~." Arshad says to him.

" Understood." A golden bracelet-like tattoo appears on his arm, then turns silver.

" Now you can actually touch him, Rassy~."

" Don't call me that." I order.

He closes his hand, making the wires move close to my body. I teleport away from the area. The wires cut through the tree that was behind, leaving it with five clean cuts.

It's as if that tree was made of butter.

" I'll have to watch his movements carefully in order to win." I think to myself and run up in front of him.

I swing my sword at him and he dodges my attack. I try to knee him in the stomach but, dodges as well.

" He has fast reflexes but, how he's moving is....weird." I think to myself.

He's moving like how a wooden puppet on strings would look like when you try to make it move for the first time.

Wait.... Does he have...threads attached to his body?

I quickly turn my head to where Arshad is.

I knew it!

He had the same thin silver threads coming out of his fingertips.

It seems like that Cid is literally Arshad's puppet.

I feel Cid knee me in the stomach and takes the sword out of my hand.

" Focus On The Fucking Fight!!" He exclaims.

" Arshad! I don't think it's fair that your puppet is being controlled by you." I say to him.

" Oh, I'm not controlling All of his movements~. But, I do help him out every once in a while~."

Cid hits me on the side of the head with the butt of my sword.

" Focus!!"

I smack his wrist and grab my sword out of his hand.

" Better." He glares and makes three threads and swings his arm in front of himself, moving the threads in front of him.

I dodge them and the threads cut through a large to near me in thirds.

" He's too fast." I mutter.

Oh wait! Of course!

I teleport next to him and punch him in the stomach, hard.

He coughs up blood and limps slightly.

Yes!

I knee him in the stomach.

Hit the butt of the sword on his back.

Punch him in the face and kick him away from me.

He nearly flies away from me, hits the ground and rolls on the floor, coughing and choking.

I smirk and run up to him.

" Now Die!!" I raise my sword ul, ready to strike him.

But, as Storm did, I feel someone seize my body with the same threads.

" That's enough~." Arshad walks past my and uses the threads to make Cid look like he's standing up.

" He's barely able to stay conscious~."

I chuckle.

" Good."

" And since I never break my promises~." He snaps his fingers and Shade appears in my arms.

My eyes turn emerald green and my hair turns amber again.

I hug Shade tightly.

" Shade...." Tears form in my eyes.

" We'll see each other again~." Arshad and Cid disappear.