~ stand by you~ Poseidon x reader

"Marry me"

Out of no where your boyfriend. Poseidon just proposed to you with a deadpan expression 

To be honeset you don't even know what to say no present, no date at all and not even romantic affection?

All you think of is " Can you be more romantic?"

Well this is more awkward then you thought it would be. You don't even know if you want to laugh or criticize Poseidon for not being romantic. ( never mind you wouldn't do that.)

Poseidon sighed in frustration as he pulled out the box with the ring in it put it in your hand and left.

" what was that all about Poseidon?"

He didn't answer your question and left you alone. You exhaled your used to how he acts, just wishing he would be romantic.

oh well at least your grateful that he gave you the ring- You kiss the ring to answer Poseidons question and you smile.

Without you realizing when Poseidon left, he was blushing a bit He was sure that was the right way to purpose to someone right? He would just tll you and you needed to accept it right? But you stood their in confusion..

"Idoit.." He muttered 

Ever since he purposed something seemed wrong with your soon-to-be-Husband.

Poseidon has been quiet, I mean, he is an incredibly quiet person and you're okay with it. But this one is a whole different one: you rarely see him even though he's in a castle, he's been either avoiding your eye contact or simply ignore your question as if he's been spacing out every time you eat together, and even has been feeling a hint of  embarrassment  every time he looks at you(?)

You have asked several servants, yet no one knows either. Yep, none even dared to ask Poseidon of his sudden behavior. Your presence always attract Poseidon, but now he's been avoiding you as if he's hiding something. 

Curious with this, you've been searching for him around the castle, but no luck. The castle is just too huge, you might as well accidentally go to the same place.

it's evening, and you still hasn't found him yet, you begin to feel tired and frustrate, body feel all worn out and stumble on bed. 

"Is he even here?" You sigh, eyes closing shut to rest, in the end, you're just gonna wait for him to come later.

Later at night, you wake up to Poseidon beside you standing. "Poseidon, where have you been?"

"Work." He lied, actually he's been doing something to cover up the propose.

" Oh then lets rest.."

"I want you to stand up." He demanded, you don't know why but you did what he said.

" Okay, now what?"

He suddenly pulled you to the wide area of the bedroom, putting on earphones on you and him. "Play the song and put it in your pocket."

you understood what he was gonna do, you do what he says as he pulls your waist closer.

As the song began to play you and him slowed danced

" I will stand by you"

You suddenly remember the lyrics " Wait, this is the wedding version of the song" You thought

" Even when we fall.."

His voice is low almost like a whisper following the lyrics you join him singing the song.

" I will be the rock that holds you up" 

You sing, loud enough for him to hear. The calmness and silence filled up with your and his voice his eyes that once looked at the floor while you danced now gazed at yours.

" and lifts you high so you stand tall"

Both of you sing it as you can finally hear his voice a bit clear, it's surprising enough that he can dance — well, in the bedroom where no one see them — no one should see this except you.

"I won't let you go, no one can take your place..."

As both of you continue to sing, his voice slowly getting clear to hear. Not loud, but enough to be heard by you. Your heart beat getting faster, and blush on your face is clear to be seen, his voice is just beautiful — smooth and elegant if you describe his voice. 

You're definitely not ready for this side of Poseidon, is like he's a whole different person. But you also love this side of him, got to make sure you remember this day.

"And I won't let you fall
I won't let you go
No matter where you are
No matter where you are, I'll be there."

Poseidon touched your forehead with his, he didn't sing the song anymore, instead letting out a whisper "I'm sorry for that."

"That's ok, dear." You giggle, remembering where he proposed to  you, you want to laugh at the thought of Poseidon looking confident behind his deadpan expression because he thought it's the  right way to propose someone.

The whole night, the two of you just do a slow dance, wearing an earphones so no one could hear the song — the night you'll never remove from your mind.

~The end~

Author's note: My heart goes doki doki from this scenario >///<

!Requests are open!