Ch.1 Hage village

~Y/n pov~

We were running up the hill. Asta was racing ahead as usual.

He was always so full of energy.

"Wait up." Yuno yelled.

I paused and waited for him to catch up.

Asta just continued running.

Yuno yelped as he tripped.

"Are you okay?" I offered my hand to him.

He sniffled slightly before sitting up.

Yuno looked up at me with teary eyes and then looked at my outstretched hand.

He took my hand and pulled himself up.

"Don't cry." I pat his head with one hand and wiped away his tears with the other.

A small smile made its way onto Yuno's face and he pulled me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his.

He buried his face into my shoulder and held me tightly for a few seconds before letting go.

"C'mon, let's go." I grabbed his hand and we both walked up the hill at a leisurely pace.

Asta was already there when we got to the top of the hill.

Sister Lily smiled when she saw us and motioned for us to sit down.

Yuno grabbed a piece of bread and bit into it.

"It's nice but.. it's hard."

"That's our Sister Lily." Asta yelled, shoving the bread into his mouth, "You're such an amazing cook! When I grow up, will you marry me and cook for me?"

I took a few small bites from my own piece of bread.

"It was Father who baked those. Would you like to marry him?" Sister Lily replied.

I laughed at Asta's grossed out expression.

He started rolling on the floor and having a tantrum, "No! You're the one I wanna marry!"

Yuno shuffled away from Asta until our shoulders bumped together.

I smiled at him and he returned the smile.

Sister Lily held her grimoire up threateningly.

Asta sat up with a frown.

"Asta.. Sister is a woman of the cloth." Yuno stated.

"You can't marry her." I told him bluntly.

"I'm not done yet!" Asta whined, "I won't give up until I'm an adult, no matter what!"

I sighed. He just didn't get it.

~*~

Sister Lily was reading us a story.

"And then the world was covered in deep, deep darkness. Just when the demon tried to destroy the world..."

"He's not gonna get away with that!" Asta yelled.

Yuno covered his ears and buried his face into my shoulder.

I wrapped my arm around him and let him lean into my side.

"..a very brave mage appeared." Sister Lily continued reading the story, "The brave mage fought the demon to bring the dawn back to the world. And finally, he defeated the demon. The mage's light shone ever so brightly upon the whole world. The long, long night had come to an end. This was the dawn of our world."