Ch.2 Magic knights entrance exam

~Y/n pov~

Asta grabbed a stick and pretended to ride a broom.

He was fantasising about something.

Yuno stared at him blankly, "Can you even ride a broom with no magic?"

Asta dropped the stick with a shocked expression, "I'll make it work."

"Maybe you can find another method to fly. That seems difficult without magic though." I stood there in thought for a few seconds, "Nope, I have no idea how that would be possible."

Asta slumped his shoulders and then suddenly perked up.

"Let's race all the way to the capital!" Asta started running.

Yuno ran after him.

"Can't keep up?" Asta teased.

This made Yuno run faster.

I sighed as I watched them race.

I broke out into a jog to try and keep up with them.

After a few minutes, they were really far away.

I managed to catch up when they got tired and both flopped down onto the floor.

They were both exhausted.

I handed some water to Yuno.

He took it wordlessly and took a big sip.

"Thanks." He handed it back to me.

"Not yet... not done yet." Asta got up and started running again.

Yuno was about to follow but I grabbed his sleeve and tugged on it.

He turned to me with a questioning look.

"Don't bother. We've got a long way to go. You'll tire yourself out." I told him.

He nodded in agreement, "Alright."

We walked in a comfortable silence, watching as Asta continued to run and exhaust himself.

Asta fell to the ground and we easily caught up with him even though we were walking.

"No, I'm not done yet." Asta panted as he jumped back to his feet.

Yuno grabbed his collar to stop him from running off, "Enough. We've got a long way to go."

When Asta realised Yuno was not bothering to race him anymore he started walking.

He still walked at a quick pace though. He walked slightly ahead of Yuno and I.

The journey would take quite a few days.

Yuno grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

~*~

After several days, we finally made it.

Asta was being loud as always.

He seemed like he wanted to buy something but everything was expensive.

Asta disappeared for a few moments and then reappeared with a weird snake thing on a stick.

"You probably shouldn't eat that." I told him but he ignored me and took a big bite out of it.

"Want some, Yuno? Y/n?" Asta offered.

"No." I responded instantly.

"I'll pass." Yuno replied, "This way."

I followed after Yuno.

~*~

"I'm Yuno from Hage village." Yuno placed his grimoire in front of the man.