Ch.13 Shadow Palace

~Y/n pov~

I went to the shadow palace too, right after Asta and Yuno but they had already run off.

So of course, I travelled to the noisiest place.

Asta would be there, probably.

"Storm of blades."

I entered this room and saw swords flying down from the sky.

Rhya was unconscious on the floor and Licht was in front of this platform.

He was being suspended in the air by some iron rods which were pierced through his body, blood dripping on the floor.

Mimosa was nearby but she looked worn out.

On the platform was this demonic creature.

Are demons real?

I mean elves are real...

Yuno and Asta were both avoiding the blades as they came down.

"Y/n!" Yuno yelled when he noticed me.

I created a lightning shield as a sword almost hit Yuno.

He was distracted.

We were all flung to the ground.

The demon smirked, "I will not allow anyone to get in my way. Are you awake?"

Licht looked up weakly when he realised he was being spoken too.

I tried to stand up but it was hard to move with all this rubble.

"Thanks to you, the time that had stopped from me will finally begin moving again. I comm be you, hero. Five centuries ago, they got in my way, and though I was close, my incarnation failed." The demon explained, "You were the next one I set my sights on. A new sacrifice that was loved by mana, still young, and swayed oh so easily. Tragedy and a sense of mission... That was enough for you to dabble in forbidden magic, which allowed the elves' souls to be reincarnated in human bodies."

"What are you talking about? The one.. the one who reincarnated us is Licht!"

Was that not Licht? So it's someone else.

"Wrong. Because I was the one who reincarnated you elves." The demon laughed.

"It's a lie... it's a lie... I'm... like Licht." The elf began to chant to himself with a look of shoc
on his face.

"Excellent work, my pawn."

The elf let out a scream.

His grimoire started turning black and then he started to lose consciousness.

"Elves and humans... your dreams and ambitions make the best playthings!"

"Don't give me that crap!"

I finally managed to stand up and get the rubble of as did Yuno and Asta.

"You just show up outtta nowhere and make a mess of everything." Yuno stated.

"You're super strong and scary..." Asta added.

"But who the hell do you think you are?!" I continued.

Yuno blew away the rubble that surrounded us.

My mana flared as I got ready to attack.

"Storm of blades."

I created a shield around myself and the swords simply bounced off.

Asta and Yuno combine their powers to knock away the blades.