Ch.12 Attacking the base

~Y/n pov~

Mereoleona broke down the door for our base and told us she was here for those who passed the exam.

She grabbed Asta, Luck, Noelle and I as Magna sulked because he didn't pass.

They were all making a racket and yelling at Mereoleona.

"You'd better not crap your pants when you come back and I'm way stronger than you!" Magna yelled at Luck before we left.

~*~

We were given special robes and put into teams.

I was with Noelle, Luck, Kirsch and some dude called Ben.

Mereoleona had split us into groups and sent us in from different entrances.

I ran beside Noelle, defeating anyone who got in our way.

We had trained so much for this so it was easy to take out all the underlings.

The real problem would be Licht and Rhya.

There might be more powerful people nearer to the centre and higher up too but we've trained for this.

Luck laughed as he jumped around and zapped people with lightning.

We were nearing the centre as we almost effortlessly defeated the members of the Eye of the Midnight Sun.

Then all of a sudden, There was this gold light that surround Luck.

"What's happening?" I asked as Luck stared at it in confusion.

Noelle frowned and shuffled behind me, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Luck was silent.

I noticed red marking appeared on his cheek and his ears turned pointed.

He looks like an elf...

Their magical power has increased immensely.

"You have as much magic as Vetto." Noelle exclaimed, "How?"

"I've made it back." Luck smirked.

What did that mean?

It didn't seem like it was him.

"This is in the way." Luck pulled off his robe and walked towards us.

Noelle frowned, "Luck, what is this about?"

"I don't think that's Luck." I responded.

"What do you mean?"

"The ears, the magic, the markings... something has to have happened but I'm not sure what."

Noelle nodded.

Luck blasted some lightning and it whizzed right past Noelle's face and created a hole in the building.

"Whoops. It's been so long that I missed." Luck stated, "Let's try that again."

I was worried about the lightning hitting me as it didn't have as much effect but I was worried about Noelle.

"Cherry blossom magic: magic cherry blossom storm of petals." Kirsch created a huge barrier to block Luck's next spell, "He's coming!"

"Water creation magic: sea dragon's lair!" Noelle yelled as she created a ball of water around us.

Luck came flying through the barrier and into the water.

He darted in and out a few times.

He's toying with us.