Alone

Kim Gaon lay on his bed.

He was too exhausted to think. Work was hell , literally....

He can't seem to see eye to eye with his bosses. All he wants was to structure the justice system where it can help the victims, all they want was popularity and ratings. He tried to console by telling himself that he had just won one abuse case , where the defendant a high powered politician secretly been abusing his family and staffs and embezzling the companies money. It was pure luck that he got someone in the inside that hated the politician so much, to secretly forward him the companies financial data , the politicians overseas business trips and secret side business.

Kim Gaon , himself, secretly met up with the politician's family and assured that they will be under a protective custody programme, supervised by himself , under the consultation of the Chief of Police,a friend of Yohan. With the help of Lawyer Ko, they managed to put the politician away behind bars for a long time.

Lawyer Ko... It was a year ago when both of them sat in Yohan's living room , laying out his plan to infiltrate Dream Village project. Lawyer Ko didn't like him that much , understandably since he had betrayed Yohan , but he had relented and helped him anyway. Nowadays, Lawyer Ko was one of his friend and ally. They won several cases together. But there's still more cases to look at. Work seems never ending and Gaon kept himself busy until late night . He was exhausted and was starting to wonder all of this was worth it..

Lawyer Ko, on several occasion invited him out for dinner or a drink . Gaon had politely decline. He even invited Gaon for Christmas dinner , with the rest of Yohan's ex- little team including Han Soo.

Madame Ji , always called him to ask how he was , and she sometimes leave a basket of food or herbs with a note 'Take care of your self'. She would religiously invite him to have dinner or invite him to come to her house for Christmas or New Year , but he always politely decline.

Gaon didn't mean to be rude to them , he consider them as his friends... but ..They were HIS friends as well. Although their intentions were good, he just have a feeling that they are only asking him because Yohan and only Yohan.

Thinking about it hurts as well , he didn't trust himself to believe that they did it out of care for him. He didn't trust people, how could he ? The person that he cared and known through out his life , which he thought was his moral compass , a father figure to him after his parents died , betrayed him to Sun Ah.

Gaon sighed and turn to rest on his right arm. And he had betrayed someone as well.

Is he feeling the same pain then what Gaon is facing ?When Gaon had accused him of killing his own brother and Soo Hyun. Gaon remembered how Yohan had looked at him , when the police had put the handcuffed on him and was about to take him away ?How Yohan , had looked him at him and searched his eyes to see whether Gaon really believe what he was accused off , hoping desperately to reach Gaon through the pain that he was facing at that time.

Did he really believe, that he would kill his own brother and what ever he told him before was a lie?

No matter , how the time flies, the image of the event that happen in Yohan's living room , the lies uncovered, the manipulation , Yohan screaming as he was dragged away and Elijah.....Dear sweet Elijah.... The one that had trusted him , open up to him , screaming Yohan's name.

Gaon's eyes weld with tears, as he remembered kneeling infront of a very upset Elijah and promising to return Yohan back to her. Her sobs could be heard haunting him ,

"Why ...why did you do that ?" THAT hurts the most , through their short time together , Gaon had fallen in love with the girl. Her intelligence, her warmth , her ferocity, her loyalty. Never in a million years would he wanted to hurt to her.....