Untitled Part 5

* VP is Vice President Shim Young Woon -I'm lazy and use shortcut. Its heavy on the dialogue here.

VP Shim's office was big , way bigger than his house , thought Gaon as he and Lawyer Ko sat on the sofa waiting for the Vice President to return from a meeting. The whole backdrop wall of his work table  was the glass window overlooking Seol City.It was a magnificent view, especially where they were, level 60.

Gaon had made an appointment prior to his visit, initially it was suppose to be just  himself , but when Lawyer Ko heard where he was going  he wanted to tag along. 

The secretary that brought them in was pretty, politely telling them that the Vice President Shim would be running late and served them coffee.They didn't have to wait long before VP  Shim arrived , smiling and shaking hands with both of them and ushering them to sit.

He looked exactly like  in the Forbes magazine, handsome, smart , elegant , charismatic, charming and sharp.It reminded Gaon of someone he knew.

" This is a surprise.How can I help you Judge Kim and your friend,?" said VP Shim nodding to Lawyer Ko. Gaon politely introduced Lawyer Ko to him.

"We're actually here on a case .Whether you heard of Bang Mal  Nyun? " VP Shim looked at Gaon confused.

"She's one of your staff at the manufacturing line. She reported that her daughter been missing for almost 6 month under a work exchange programme in China, " explained Gaon calmly while looking at the Vice President. The Vice President smiled and took a sip from his coffee which was  brought  in earlier by his secretary.

" I must be mistaken, I thought  that you coming here Judge Kim was a casual call and not an investigation. I have to admit that I was awestruck when you called earlier. I was a big fan of your live court show. Pity it didn't go through after the death of Judge Kang Yohan.I followed each one of the cases , even Miniter Cha's. Terrible terrible thing that she took her own life, I was waiting for her punishment.What would the great Judge Kang Yohan verdict and punishment be? 123 years in prison along with public flogging?" Laughed the Vice President.

Gaon didn't like where the conversation was going . He did not want to be reminded of Minister Cha's death, as it brings back the memory of him rushing into her office only to find her body motionless on the floor in her own pool of blood.And yet his first instinct was to rummage through her pocket for files.That was also one of the things that caused him to spiral down and grew apart frm Yohan. Lawyer Ko noticed his discomfort. 

" We apologize for intruding but Ms Bang's police report was brought to our attention and  earlier this morning  her body was found  in Seokchon Park.So  we are just here to ask question  and ask for your cooperation , " said Lawyer Ko politely. VP Shim nodded his head , he was still smiling, leaning back on the sofa. 

" Of course we will cooperate in anyway we can , but I  do hope you are not connecting  her death  to the company. To be honest , her report to HR was brought up to my attention and even the Chairman's attention as well. We have asked the HR Director to check into the case personally.Her daughter Cindy KIM is safe and sound in China. "

" But  Ms Bang mentioned that her daughter has not been in contact with her for several month along with a few of  the other staff's daughters."stated Gaon.

" The production in China has been overwhelming and they have been working full force .It is not our fault that their children are not calling them back.We are an import and export company not baby sitting company although Chairman Jo does emphasise on staff welfare .I could forward you the statement that we have submitted to the police  regarding Ms Bangs report.As well as Cindy KIM contact in China and the manager" Said VP Shim.