36. Baby Came Home

36. Baby Came Home

"Thinking about her, she's gone all the time, I think if you'd found her, that even you would know... She's mine." - The Neighborhood

Andie

The day after I signed the contract which tied me to Harry Styles I had a dream, of our wedding, in which my friends were all present, my mother was present, and I had thought of it as a nightmare. But now, as I stared at the flowers hanging from the ceiling and the aisles, the wonderfully decorated altar, and the long white carpet decorated with pink, red, and magenta petals I realize this is the real nightmare. I realized the dream I had that seemed so painfully realistic was not the nightmare, this was, and I couldn't help but wish that was the reality. My mother would be here, it would be simpler, and unlike on that dream, in which it looked like I was actually marrying him because I loved him - because we wanted to share our life together, only one part of that dream was correct now. And it hurt so bad.

I had never been more awake before then now, even though the clock, and the light from the stars that brightened the night stated it was merely fifteen minutes away from five in the morning. I didn't question why I had to be up and here so early even though the wedding would take place at noon, but I knew it had to do with the fact that we all had to be coordinated with the plan - with what to say, and how to react.

Amanda wasn't here yet, in fact, nobody else but Liz and I were. The meeting was at 5:30, but I couldn't sleep. Neither could she. I knew something was going on with her but she refused to tell me, so I'm giving her some time and when she's ready I'll just be there to pass her the tissue and remind her how amazing she was. We were lucky enough that the security guard in charge of this chapel was outside, because nothing but our stable breaths and our constant yawning could be heard with all the windows closed.

I took a seat next to her on the front bench and rested my head on her shoulder. She was still wearing her cotton pajama top and her light pink pajama pants, while I on the contrary was wearing a black Led Zeppelin T-Shirt and my favorite black pajama pants with white dots. We were complete opposite when it came to likings, and even looks, yet we managed to become the bests of friends, and let's not forget get ourselves in extremely unnecessary drama.

"I want some coffee." She yawned, and leaned her head down to place it on top of mine. I closed my eyes and hummed in response.

"Do you want to wait for everyone else, or get some coffee, I think Dunkin Donuts is open right now." I offered, and she nodded in response.

We stood up and I stretched as we silently began to walk towards the door, If Liz and I had one thing in common, it's that we both like silence in mornings like this. It still had not drowned on me that today was my wedding, or more like, official break up, so my mind was wandering in so many directions to try and get me to not think about that. Ironic isn't it? My mind is thinking so that I cannot think.

Before Liz had a chance to open the door, it was pushed forward and we came face to face to Luke, who was in front of Talia, who was being pushed by Harry, and albeit I was shocked, I let out an involuntary sigh.

They were all wearing their Pajamas too. Does that mean that Harry slept at their place?

I wandered my eyes towards look, who was awkwardly looking at Liz while she looked at the floor. Awkward was an understatement by now actually.

"Whoa," Talia was the first to spoke, while her eyes wandered back towards the room.

"Good morning." Luke followed, I could feel Harry's eyes on me but I kept them on Luke. I forced a smile and walked towards Luke before embracing him in a hug. I really missed him.