3. Nightmares

3. Nightmares

I have seen the nightmares that tore us apart.” - Secondhand Serenade

The light was dim, shiny, and way too bright for my taste. Of course, that was another reason to why I always kept my room dark, and the simply brightness peeving through proved in a way this wasn’t my room. My eyes opened in a rush, the cold air folding around me as my eyes adjusted to the light.

Not my room, just as I thought, but something much worse.

In front of me stood a huge crowd of people their eyes were on me as they brightly smiled in their benches.

A church! I’m in a church!

A hand grasped mine slowly, and in a not so subtle movement I yanked it back, staring at the green eyes that watched me intently. The smile on his face faded as he took in my freaked out reaction.

Babe.” His lips slowly moved. “Answer him.” He prompted, looking at the priest in front of me.

Wait a second, priest?

My eyes went from Harry’s to the holy man, he was dressed all in white and his smile mirrored the ones of the crowd behind me. I looked back at them, and quickly recognized one of the women sitting in the front row. Her eyes were blue, and her hair pitch black, like mine. Mom…my mom. What is she doing here?

“A-answer what?” I murmured looking slowly at Harry with my eye brows furred. He chuckled lightly and turned to the priest.

“Can you repeat the question again father, please.” He smiled.

The man looked at me, and slowly mumbled the words that ever so slowly made my heart stop.

“Andie Rose Carter, do you take Harry Styles as your husband, to have and to hold, till death takes you apart?”

Do you take Harry Styles as your husband?

The question repeated slowly in my head, before it all slowly turned back, and then my eyes flew open.

The sheets stuck to my body, the sweat in between us as my breath ragged out in smalls puffs. My room was freezing, we didn’t have enough money to pay for heat this month, and the fact that I was sweating wasn’t helping one bit.

I stood up from my bed, dragging the long sheet along with me as I wrapped it around my body. The smell of coffee was increasing the closer I got to the kitchen. Must be a miracle, my mum never wakes up this early in the morning.

“What’s shaking?” I asked as I entered the kitchen, I took a seat on the counter and wrapped my body further into the sheets.

“It’s cold.” She muttered. “And I thought I’d make you some coffee before you go to work.”

“Aw mom, you really didn’t have to.”

“I know, but I wanted to.” She smiled. Her laugh lines are becoming more and more visible the more she worries about me. I stood up from the counter and gave her a tight hug.

“Don’t worry about me mum, I’ll be fine. I heard George is giving raises.” I said. I wasn’t going to tell her about the Harry thing yet, but I’m sure she was going to find out soon. She was about to reply when my phone ringed, and I hesitantly answered.

“Hey?” I answered. I should’ve checked who this was first.

“Hey look Amanda called, she wants us to hang out or some shit so can you tell me your address?” He rudely speaks into the phone and unfortunately I know who it is.

I keep the groan to myself as I reply. “Maybe if you asked nicely I would give it to you.”  I retort, keeping my eyes on my nails.

I hear a low gruff from the other line. “I don’t need to do anything because you signed a contract now stop being so difficult and text me your address, get changed quick too, I don’t like waiting.” He barks and before I have a chance to reply the line goes dead.

Stupid bastard, I’m doing this for him and this is how he repays? Either way, I text him my address before running to my room and changing into simple blue jeans and a black jumper, I tie my hair into a pony tail and don’t even bother about make up as I grab my headphones and purse and head out to the door.

“Bye ma!” I yell before stepping outside, the cold air of the empty hallway ambushing me. Jeez, when will Michael get a heater in this place, with the price we pay for rent it’s the least he could get. When I literally run downstairs –because elevators freak me – I notice Michael give me a look from the reception area.

I quirk my eyebrow up at him, “What, did I forget to wear pants or something?” I say sarcastically but look down at my jean covered legs anyway.

He scoffs. “Harry Styles, I see your job isn’t paying you well enough, just had to go find a celebrity to sleep with for money.”

Dang news travel fast here, I just hope my mom doesn’t hear any of this. “Mind your own business.” I say, rolling my eyes as I walk outside. Just when I close the door I hear him yell  ‘Your rent is my business.’ That son of a bitch, see this is why I need this thing with Harry Styles.

To get my mom and myself away from this crappy stupid life and finally paid for the life she deserves.

It isn’t long till a black Range Rover parks in front of me, the black windows roll down and Harry yells at me to get it. I don’t complain as I get in but I ignore him as he tells me to close the door softer next time.

“Amanda was right,” He says, studying me. “You need a makeover ASAP”  He crunches his nose in disgust. Stupid famous people with all their money always think they’re better than us poor people.

“And you need to shut up ASAP before I knock all your teeth out.” I growl as I fasten my seat belt. He only chuckles as he takes the car out from the parking lot and into the busy streets.

“So where we going?”  I speak up, trying to take out the uncomfortable silence.

“Well obviously we need to get you some clothes so why don’t we go do that?” He speaks. There’s an edge to his voice, it’s not nearly as rude as when he called me but it’s still annoying the hell out of me. It’s like he doesn’t want to be here. Well boohoo, he’s the one who got us into this mess anyway.

“I don’t have any money.” I say, shrugging my shoulders, but he only laughs and stops at the red light to look at me.

His eyes meet mine and he smirks. “Of course you don’t,” he says, his eyes cold. “Don’t worry, I’m paying.”

I frown as I take in his tone, what did I ever do to him to have him treat me such way. “You know, you really are a piece of work. At least be a bit thankful that I saved your sorry ass from sinking back to the pit you started.”

He seems unaffected by my words. “And to the pit you still haven’t left, huh sweetheart, don’t act as if you’re doing this for me, we both know damn well you’re doing this for yourself.”

“Just don’t get in my way.” I scoff, sinking my back into the comfortable seat. His eyes lock in mine again and he smirks.

The line turns green and he speeds down the street, but not before he says; “As long as you don’t get in mine, I’m sure we’re good.”

I can already tell this is going to be a goddam difficult ‘relationship’.

A/N:  Sorry not very long, but I like to start things short. I haven’t updated in a while because of Let’s Pretend but don’t worry I’ll update more often.

Anyway, goal for today is hmm 60+ comments and 200 + votes.

PS – go check out my newest Teen Fiction Angel Within (it has bad boys in it [‘:)