7. Teenage Dirtbag

Trailer to the side ---->

+ + +

7. Teenage Dirtbag

“And he doesn’t give a damn about me, ‘cause I’m just a teenage dirtbag baby.” – Wheatus

    What is there to like about the social media? The fact that they stop at nothing to get what they want? That they stalk and bother many celebrities? Or that all they find some way to always denigrate their choose celebrity or victim for the day? The question to your answer is nothing, there’s nothing to like about the social media. They are selfish, mean, and total assholes. But even though I am not a celebrity, I found myself in the place where many celebrities are put – I was the meal waiting to be served today, I was the victim.

   The crowd erupted in roars when Harry and I entered the red carpet, but I knew of course it was because of him. The cameras blinded me, and the noise nearly brought me to my knees but I managed to keep it together. Harry, who had a blank face just like he always did, he looked at me, and for the first time I saw a worried Harry.

He tugged on my hand and moved over until his lips reached my ear. “Don’t worry, it will be over soon.”  

   I knew it wouldn’t, I knew it would be a long, long night for me and that I was probably going to end up crying by the end of tonight, even then, I glanced at him before nodding slightly. As if on cue, and how Amanda had predicted, the paparazzi joined us. His camera man stood behind him while she held a long microphone out on our faces.

 Harry’s face turned into a grin which I recognized as his fake grin which I knew even before I got involved in this and his arm wrapped around my waist. The paparazzi’s eyes followed his every move.  “So we’re here with Harry Styles of One Direction who are the group with the most nominations of the night! Tell me Harry, how do you feel about the fact that you guys have thirteen out of the seventeen nominations of tonight?” She said in a high voice, her microphone was now nearly pressed to Harry’s lips and that smile in his face never faded.

  As much as I despised Harry I hated it, I hated the fact that this smile was fake and not real. But truth be told, I have never seen him really smile.

Harry leaned into the microphone before speaking. “It’s amazing, it’s such an amazing feeling to know that our fans will never let us down. If it were not for them, we wouldn’t be here, and I’m very thankful for that.” 

 “Yeah, your fans are amazing, can’t you hear the crowd. I can bet you all I have on that ninety seven percent of those girls out there are directioners, what do you say, bet?” She said, and removed a strand of her blonde hair from her face. Many people like me know when a girl is flirting, and she is definitely flirting.

  “Well I would just love to win that dress off of you.” He winked at her. I repressed a smile. He looked so…. I don’t know, but I just can’t get used to Harry’s flirty face. It’s too funny.

 “Harry!” She squealed with a laugh. “That’s no way to speak in front of your lady, I haven’t even acknowledged you sweetheart, and I suppose you’re Andie, Harry’s mystery girl?”

 I tried my best not to stare disgustingly at her, because just from the way her eyes were staring down at me that was the only thing I wanted to do, but instead, I took on her act and smiled back as falsely as she smiled at me. “It’s alright; he’s the man of the hour.” I giggled back, “and yes, I’m Andie, and I didn’t know I was a mystery,” I turned to Harry, “Am I?”

 He looked at me questioningly but followed along, “yeah, you were supposed to be but now that everything’s out, there’s no point in hiding how amazing you are.”