Chapter 1: Whispers of Magic

The long ray of sunshine tickled my nose. Trumpets played their off-beat tune. A clueless yawn came from my naked companion. I sat upright, my hazel eyes widening.

"Princess Irina! Your Grace?"

Fuck.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I pulled off the covers and pushed the golden-skinned boy out of my purple sheeted bed. The poor fellow dropped on the floor with a thud, followed by a bunch of flower-shaped pillows.

His sleepy voice came from the floor, "What? What's going on?"

A knock on the door, "Princess Irina?"

I threw the sheets to the floor and covered the handsome boy. With my heart thumping in my throat, I plastered the well-practiced, doe-eyed expression on my face.

The door opened, revealing a maid Gretchen dressed in light grey robes, "Princess Irina?"

"Uh-huh?" I smiled. "Good morning."

Gretchen eyed the mess in my room, vials of liquor abandoned on the dresser, my lace lingerie scattered across the carpet-covered floor and Daniel's leg peeking through the covers behind the canopy. Was his name Daniel?

The glint in Gretchen's blue eye simmered with disappointment, "It's noon, your Grace."

I put both feet on the floor, realising too late I was completely naked, "And it is a beautiful noon indeed, Gretchen, now I beg of you, could you give me some privacy?"

"Kingdom of Irenwell is hosting this year's banquet. All the lords will be here and look at you!" Gretchen frowned at the leg moving under the covers and began collecting the scattered lingerie. "The King requires your presence."

"Ah, as if my presence is his to require." I walked to the dresser hastily, pulling out some beige finery. "Tell my brother I will be downstairs in a minute."

Gretchen let out an impatient sigh and cocked her head to the bed, "He is besmirching your honour, your Grace. If someone finds out, you will never marry."

One of the vials was still full and I poured the contents in my mouth, "Do not worry, Gretchen. Men have somehow convinced people that their ability to swing both their swords and their cocks means they're superior beings." The vial tasted awful. "But they are not that clever."

"Princess is telling the truth." A voice came from underneath the covers.

I smiled thinly at Gretchen, "See?"

The maid's expression was best described as tired of bullshit, "Get him out of here before someone notices. And for Goddess' sake, get to the great hall before all the lords arrive."

I let my eyes roll far into my skull and slammed the door in her face. Daniel, or whatever his name was, flung the covers off himself.

"It's hot under there." His cock rested calmly between his thighs, until his eyes landed on me.

I eyed him, "You have to go. King Rodrig is going to have your head on a stake if he finds out you were here."

With a boyish grin and a glimmer in his dark eyes, he came closer, his cock twitching. I sighed longingly. Whatever his name, the boy was magnificent.

"We have some time." His hands circled my waist and he pulled me in for a kiss.

A tingle dropped from my heart in between my legs. The lace hem of my dress ended up around my waist and Daniel's fingers found their way to my gentle flesh. His tongue tasted of last night's liquor, his skilled fingers slipped inside of me, tugging at me.