1: New home

Bryan's POV

I woke up, like usual, Brinley was still asleep in their area, I peeked a bit to see them sleeping, their red scales glowing in their area, there was a small hole where the sunlight could come in to keep her warm, we are part reptiles after all, I got to the eating area of our den to get some fresh preys to eat, I ate the last squirrel left, so I went out to hunt for more food, so that my mother and sister don't have to get tired, after what seemed 20 minutes I had a bag full of food, but as I was going back to the den I heard footsteps coming from the river.

hmm... what is that sound? Let me smell it... wait a second... I know what that smell is... it's... a human! What is it doing here?!

I quickly ran back to the den and I saw mom with my baby brother, Joey, in their hands.

"Oh, there you are! I see you brought some more food, thank you." She said smiling.

"You're welcome, but we have a problem, a big problem." I said and I saw mother looking at me worried.

"W- what is it?" She said quietly, I could sense the fear in her voice.

"There is a human, walking around the forest not too far from here, they are starting to explore this side of the forest too, it seems that the other species got tired of being captured or killed." I said, hoping mother had an idea.

"I have an idea, but I have to know how close the human is." She replied, I was really glad that she had an idea to, hopefully, save us all.

"They are exploring the other side of the river." I said, trying to hide the fear in my voice, because I knew that if we failed we could end up, either dead or captured, I would rather die than having to live the rest of my life with a human, humans are no good, they only ruin everything, they took away my father, Rose's father and my older sisters already, I won't let them take the rest of my family!

"Perfect, go gather the others, I'll tell you the plan once we are all here." She said, I nodded, I quickly ran to get my other father and Brinley, they were worried, not knowing what the emergency was, I quickly lead them in the eating area of our den, where mama was waiting for us.

"Thank you, Bryan, ok, for you two, the that don't know what the emergency is, there are humans roaming around this area of the forest." She said, as Brinley gasped.

"W- what do we do now..?" Brinley asked, she was shaking and was really scared.

"Don't worry, I have a plan, the plan is very, very simple, we take everything we need from this den, and leave, we'll move to a safer place." We all nodded.

"Ok, Brinley, you go get all the food from the gaps." Mom, said, and Brinley ran to the gaps with some bags to take everything we needed.

"Eddie, my dear, you go outside and guard the entrance, if you want you can create some mist to make sure that they don't see us." He smiled and ran outside creating all the mist he could, we are able to see in the mist, but luckily for us, humans can't.

"Bryan, my dear, you go get all the herbs you can, I'll go get the eggs and Joey." I closed my eyes and bowed down a bit, before rushing to the gaps with the remaining bags, thankfully I was able to take everything.

A couple minutes later

We all reunited at the entrance of the den, we were ready to leave.

"Are you guys ready?" Mom asked

"I got all the herbs I found." I said

"I got all the food there was." Brinley said

"Perfect, let's go then." Mom replied and we all started walking

40 minutes later...

We have been walking for a while, we were not too much nervous because our black skin would keep us hidden as long as we stayed in the woods, but something was wrong, I felt like something bad was about to happen, but I couldn't understand what it was... it was really making me feel uncomfortable and I don't know for how long I can keep this going...

5 minutes later

We found a small cave, it seemed abandoned, there was lots of lion fur, I could still smell them, they abandoned the den not too long ago, we could use this for the night, but still, that thought of something bad would happen didn't leave, we put everything down and we used the beds that they had, there were only 3, so we used one for the eggs, one for me and Brinley and one for mama, Joey and papa.
We decided that we'll have to stay here for a bit longer because the eggs are about to hatch, I would usually be excited, but in this situation I don't know what to do, two more babies, and luckily papa can carry them, but I don't know if we'll have enough food and time for them, Joey is still very young and he needs to be looked after at all times, me and Brinley were pretty hungry so we went out together to look for some food, but something happened when we reached a certain area of the forest...