2: What is this?

???'s POV

I woke up with the smell of Bacon coming from the kitchen, I guess Magnus decided to cook themselves something, because they realized that I was way too tired to wake up, this month we haven't found any monsters to catch or to kill, our boss decided to let us wake up a bit later, to make us rest and be ready, just in case something would actally happen, I go to the kitchen, I was not really that hungry, I just wanted to say hi to Magnus.

"Good morning, Maggie." I said, they turned around holding two plates

"Good morning, Inpy! How are you?" They said, Magnus put the plates and took two glasses with some orange juice in them , we both sat on the table, ate and went to our rooms to change.

30 minutes later

Me and Magnus decided to go for a walk in the forest, of course we were armed to the teeth, we are monster hunters after all, this time we went to the other side of the river, maybe we would find something, and we actually found something, well, Magnus did.

"Hey, Inpy! Check this out!" They said, I walked over to them, they were in a very big cave, they were telling me to come into what seemed a room that had purple scales all over it.

"There were definitely monsters here." I said

"True, but this scales... the way they are formed, the shape, the way they bend, the way they reflect the sunlight, the sound they make when they hits the ground, their smell, the way they feel when you touch them, is... different." They said.

"Can I see the scale you're holding?" I asked sitting next to them.

"Sure, I've never seen something like this before" They said, handing me the little thing.

"It looks very interesting" They added before I grabbed it.

It was beautiful, I don't remember seeing something like this before, maybe if I could find the owner of these scales I could make jewelry out of it, we already use other monsters parts to make clothes and weapons, so using these ones and selling ...

It was beautiful, I don't remember seeing something like this before, maybe if I could find the owner of these scales I could make jewelry out of it, we already use other monsters parts to make clothes and weapons, so using these ones and selling them at a decent price seems like a good idea

"You think it's..?" I asked

"I mean possibly, hunters usually don't come to this side of the forest, I could be wrong, so we'll just bring these scales back to the base and let's see if there is any monsters species known to human that has these kind of scales." Magnus said, I nodded and we went back to the lab.