5: New faces, new problems

Bryan's POV

I woke up, the floor didn't feel warm as usual, instead it felt extremely cold and hard, I got up and I realized that I was somewhere I've never seen before, I was wimpering, shaking and shivering at the same time, never felt so scared and sad in my life so far.
I couldn't tell how much it passed since I woke up, but I started hearing footsteps, so I created as much myst as I could and I was able to turn invisible.

Hopefully no one will be able to find me like this, I don't know where I am, nor how I got here...-
Wait, the humans! I knew that I should have just ran away with Joey! Why did I attack!?-

"It should be in there." The, what I assume is a human, said from the other side of the black wall.

"I'm actually pretty excited to see what you guys caught!" Someone said, I felt like I was like a sort of rat or squirrel, while they were the predators, and I don't like it.

"Alright, Ray, make sure that thing is perfectly fine, since you shot it in the leg with the wrong bullet" Someone said.

Ray? At least I got a name... I wonder how they look like now.

Inpu's POV

"Cal, you are like a brother to me, there's no need to call me by my second name anymore!" I said and Cal giggled, I opened the door to the cell, we could already see the myst from the bars, but when you are in it, it definitely looks and feels a lot more dense...

"Uhm- hey, I'm here to talk to you, you can come out, I'm not going to harm you, can you come out?" I said, and the myst went away, the monster was hiding behind the little bed we gave it.

"What do you want from me?" It asked, it sounded so sad and scared, well- makes sense, it got kidnapped and locked in a cage

"Woah! That's the monster you guys found?!" Cal asked, I looked behind me and nodded, then I looked back at the creature we captured

"We are monster hunters, and you are, what it seems to be a new monster species, so, we are going to bring you in another room, and ask you some questions, ok?" I said, the poor monster, that didn't quite know what to say, slowly came out and nodded.

"Good." Cal said.

"I like when monster are obedient, and don't try to cause trouble, even because, it, having this status, is going to have quite a chaotic life, from now on." Cal continued, I looked at him, than I looked at that creature again, who was panicking a lot.

"Cal, can you ask Solis to bring me that leash?" I asked, the monster looked at me with a very confused look.

Poor thing, it's going to have a rough life from now on...

5 minutes later

Solis came with the leash and entered the room

"Here is your leash, Inpu, do you want me to put it on, or do you want to do it?" He asked, I could feel the monster hiding behind me.

Did we scare him that bad?

"I'll do it." I said

"Ok, that's fine by me, see you later." He said, leaving.

"Ok, now please stand still, I promise I won't hurt you, ok?" I asked, and the monster, who was a bit shorter than me, crawled in front of me and nodded, but kept looking at the leash confused.

"What's that?" It asked.

"It's a leash, it's used to make sure that an animal, or a monster, follows or doesn't try to run away." I answered, I got a bit closer to it and pulled it's back close to me, leaving it's neck exposed, I put it on, but I could see how much it was shaking.

"Aaaand done!" I said, it looked me in the eyes, then at the collar that I attached to it's neck, I grabbed the leash and got up.

"Come on." I said, with a cheerful tone, but the creature let out a small growl and shook their head

Note to myself: when I put a leash on a monster I need to remember that it makes them feel threatened

"Like I said, I'm not going to harm you." I said, trying to reassure it.

"Let's go now." I said, pulling a bit the leash, which seemed to scare it a bit, but at least that made the monster get up and walk towards me.