①⓪

Graduation Day

Narillia Skye DeRose

"mchttt leave me alone" I groaned when I felt somebody shaking me out of my sleep.

"I guess youn wanna graduate" I heard Zia's voice. I opened my eyes, rubbing them in the process of sitting up slowly.

"I'm up" I said.

I looked at my phone and immediately scrunched my face up by how high the brightness was. I put the brightness all the way down then looked at the time that read 6:04.

"Zia what the hell" I exclaimed.

"girl what" she said looking confused.

"bro it's 6 in the morning" I whined.

"mchttt girl get up we got shit to do" she said.

Zia slept over my apartment and all her stuff is here so we would be able to leave together. She was already dressed and ready to go.

I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth then took a shower. After the shower I was fully awake and ready for the day.

I put on regular clothes because it wasn't time for us to go just yet.

"okay where are we gonna first" I asked Zia.

"nails, lashes, and brows. It's all in the same salon" She told me and I nodded.

We had got our hair done the day before. Zia hooked me up as promised and I love it.

She grabbed the keys to the car her brother let her borrow for the day as we walked out. One of his many cars lol.

We drove first to dunkin' donuts and got us something to eat with coffee then drove to the salon in silence.

When we got there the place was pretty empty since it was really early in the morning.

"name ?" the receptionist asked us.

"Zia" zia said.

"ohhh, Janae is back there for y'all" she said and we walked to the back and saw 4 women talking.

"Graduation will have people up at 5 in the morning chile" one of them said until they notice us walk in.

"speaking of" she said.

"Hey y'all" Zia said.

"Hi" I said lowly while waving. I still get very much nervous around new people.

They said something back and then got started.

"how you and ya brother been ?" an older lady asked Zia.

"We've been good" she said, nodding.

"I know his hard headed ass not stayin outta trouble but tell him I said come see me" She said.

"Ouuu yes tell his sexc ass come up here" one of the three younger girls said and the other two agreeed. I glanced at her and she was really pretty, definitely someone I could see him involved with.

"Ew" Zia said fake gagging making them laugh.

They continued to converse as Zia popped in the conversation here and there while I sat there looking mute.

2 hours & 30 minutes later

"Thank you guys so much it's all really beautiful" I said to the girls.

"Y'all definitely did y'all one with these thank you" Zia said getting ready to pay.

"You know how we do but no problem" Jane the nail tech said.