Chapter 1 (Rewrite)

Hi, the author here.. It has been years since I wrote this. I get notifications for this book in my email to this day. As an adult now, I find it kinda funny to look back at this silly fic I wrote on a whim and proceeded to forget the plotline too after a while. And seeing people still read this today I've decided... Why not rewrite chapter one (to the best of my abilities) for y'all since I promised a revamp. Sadly I do not have the energy to rewrite new fics entirely, as I am much too busy with plenty of other tasks, but for your enjoyment...
Chapter 1... After 5-6 years

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A school bell rang abruptly, the chime almost startling to those who were new, or just the type to be jumpy. With the bell came lines of bodies walking about, lightly talking amongst themselves into classrooms; the same uniforms worn for those identifying as male or female. Simplistic and sleek uniforms, reading of the high-class status of the school. Inside the classroom were groups of people, quiet amongst themselves, a free seat sat near a window looking down upon the courtyard.

A breath leaves your lips as you take in the same environment you've grown used to over the past few years, walking over to your seat and giving a slight stretch upon sitting. Prepping for whatever that day would hold for you. The chattering of students lessened for a mere moment, noticeably so as a second of silence through all the chattering could bring even the most focused to look up. What reason could silence students so quickly? It couldn't have been a teacher as a teacher's chalk would be heard scraping the board afterward, and then a clearing of a throat would have brought the class to dead silence. Not back to the calm chatter of normal teenagers.

Glancing up from your bird watching, you spot a familiar classmate taking their seat beside you. The focus of said student was almost drifting as if they didn't care for what was occurring around them, though it didn't take long for them to feel your eyes gazing into their side. Spotting your blank dazing out of their peripheral vision, the rich purple eyes catching your own. Like a deer in the headlights, you felt yourself tense and blink rapidly to drag yourself quickly from where ever you had drifted off to, "can I help you?" The boy's voice is soft, yet blunt as if wanting a quick response but trying not to come off as aggressive. The cat had caught your tongue, though after a moment you managed to compose yourself, "ah sorry, how are you today, Lelouch? You look tired.." Concern dripped through your final words, this boy was a part of the student council, and never truly appeared tired; plus you had found yourself romantically attracted to them over your time at the school.

With your feelings, the care you felt was almost natural and seemed to momentarily catch them off guard. Lelouch and you had spoken plenty over time, you had gotten to know him well along with his sister, but you'd never impose yourself as being more than just ordinary friends. Or perhaps strong acquaintances would suit better here, though it didn't matter for the moment or your conversation with the boy.

"I'm fine, don't worry, but I do appreciate the concern, (y/n)."

His words were almost hesitant as if he didn't plan ahead for your last few words then. A flash of rosiness coming to the pale cheeks of him, though you brushed that off. Maybe he had a fever, losing sleep can make one ill after all, or perhaps the dark coloured uniform enveloping him was making him warm in the spring heat. A small nod comes naturally after his reply to you, there wasn't much to say now was there? Yet it seemed like fate had heard you and tossed more of a conversation your way, "Nunnally has been asking to see you again. She loved the gifts you made her, they must have taken a bit of time to do, would you like to join me for our lunch?"

That's right, you nearly forgot a few weeks ago you had made Nunnally some origami swans and even helped her learn how to do them for herself. Thinking she might enjoy the little activity of making them for a wish. You found yourself enjoying your small moments with the wheelchair-bound girl, who stayed positive despite what had happened to her. Quite frankly, you found that admirable, and she was lucky to have a loving brother like Lelouch, so how could you refuse?