angelina makes a bet

2. ANGELINA MAKES A BET

 ANGELINA MAKES A BET

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a long yet fast-paced summer, The Great Hall was once again alive with chatter and laughter. The most popular topic of conversation amongst the students was the Dementor intrusion on the train, and Eleanor didn't have to eavesdrop on anyone in order to know that. In fact, her own friend group were having the very same conversation everyone else was.

"Apparently Harry Potter got his face absorbed or something like that," Laurence told them all with a giddy edge to his voice.

Laurence Price— the always-hyper anarchist. He was more theatrical than anyone in the broadway business, and it was unheard of for him to not dramatise everything. An everlasting ball of energy radiated from the inside of him.

Eleanor ended up finding him on the train after a solid ten minutes of searching. He had locked himself inside the train's bathrooms because of the Dementors, and for someone who acted like he had zero cares about everything and anything all the time, it certainly took him a while until he came out.

"Really?" Alex asked with wide eyes. He glanced over at Harry Potter from the Gryffindor table before looking back at the rest of his friends and shrugging. "He looks pretty shaken up but his face is still the same."

"Not literally," asserted Laurence. "Apparently he got his soul sucked out or something though."

"You're saying this far too excitedly," Cedric pointed out with a concerned look on his face.

"That's because this whole situation is exciting," Laurence said very matter-of-factly.

Eleanor sent him a look of disbelief. "I literally had to drag you out of the toilets, Laurie. You were shaking and screaming 'it's going to eat me' loud enough for the whole train to hear."

"And we will never talk about that for as long as I live," Laurence retorted. A smirk spread across his face as he drew himself closer to Eleanor from across the table. "But please, do tell us again about how Fred Weasley heroically dragged you to safety."

Eleanor scowled at the mention of the redhead sitting two tables over, and the use of the word 'heroically'. "Let's go back onto the topic of Harry Potter."

"Why don't you like him?" Alex's brows drew together in confusion. "He's nice to me."

"She's still mad about the fanged frisbee incident," answered Cedric for her, his lips curving into a grin as he caught Eleanor's jaw tighten out the corner of his bright grey eyes.