new sleeping arrangements

13. NEW SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS

 NEW SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eleanor had a bone to pick with Sirius Black. Not only did his abrupt break in cause the Great Feast to be cancelled, but it also resulted in the whole school sleeping in the Great Hall together in cold and uncomfortable sleeping bags. Not only that, but she no longer had to deal with just Cedric being worried, but also the whole school.

The students drowned out the sound of harsh rain pounding on the windows with their distraught natter. In fact, Sirius Black was the only topic of conversation throughout the whole hall, much to Percy Weasley's distaste. He had been trying to get them to sleep for the longest time, yet nobody would dare close an eye. They were too scared that Sirius Black would get them.

"How do you think he got in?" Laurence looked around at them all. Everyone in their little group wore matching sombre faces. "Oh, c'mon. Give me your wildest theories. One of us might even be right."

After a slight silence, it was finally broken by the first theory. "Maybe he had someone on the inside helping him," Cedric started unsurely, but the more he spoke the more it made sense. "I mean, wouldn't Black have gone daft in Azkaban like everyone else does?Surely he wouldn't be sane enough to break into the school solo— he had to have someone help him."

"So- so you're saying that a teacher could be a traitor?" Alex croaked, his eyes swimming with horror.

"Or a student," Eleanor hummed. Her gaze unintentionally averted to a certain group of Slytherins. "There's a lot of bad apples at this school."

"But it's only a theory," Cedric butted in quickly as he watched Alex hugged himself for comfort. "It could just be the lack of sleep making me think too long on it."

"What do we do if we see him?" Alex stressed, his breathing shallow. His own worried thoughts had plagued their little group ever since he saw the Fat Lady's portrait.

"Ask him 'trick or treat'," Laurence joked, although his easy-going grin looked forced. Even he was more fidgety than usual at the sudden turn of events.

"Yeah, you definitely don't do that," Cedric muttered. He had already curled himself into his sleeping bag, but no matter how much he shuffled around he still couldn't get comfortable.

With a small smile, Eleanor rested a comforting hand on Alex's shoulder. "Try not to worry about it, Alex," she assured, "the more you worry, the more hysterical you'll get."

"Yeah! Enjoy life, my dear friend! Maybe Sirius-" Laurence trailed off. He went to make a joke about enjoying it before Sirius Black got to us, but abruptly stopped at Cedric's sharp glare.