home sweet home

20. HOME SWEET HOME

 HOME SWEET HOME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The winter-bred cold had been a major problem for Hogwarts students. The frantic shouting was accompanied by a chorus of sniffles and coughs into hands as they all surged through the Hogwarts Express. Eleanor had not yet developed a cold, so she stayed as far away from other people as possible and shuddered whenever someone coughed close to her.

She hurriedly pulled the door shut and secured it for further security when she eventually arrived at an empty carriage with Cedric and Alex trailing behind her. She grimaced, her nose shrivelled, "Merlin, that was terrible".

"I nearly got trampled on trying to get through there," said Alex, letting Mog out of his protective hold. "People are crazy."

"Sometimes I feel like a slave," Cedric remarked as he parked all three of their suitcases. Alex had asked Cedric to take his so he could protect Mog while going through the train, and Eleanor had simply been lazy.

"Don't be sad, Mr Perfect; we all know you're more," Eleanor advised. "You just happen to be good at transporting suitcases." Cedric muttered something under his breath before hauling the suitcases up to the shelf above.

Eleanor's suitcase had been packed by Kathy. Eleanor's method of stuffing things into the bag until it fit was appalling to her. 'Just stop!' Helga, you're making a mess everywhere. You're either going to crease or break everything you own. Here, let me do it,' she said. Kathy's eye for detail had resulted in her clothes being perfectly folded and her objects fitting together like puzzle pieces.

"I hope Laurie doesn't miss us too much," Alex said.

Laurence had stayed at school for the Christmas Holidays as his parents were on holiday in Greece. He couldn't decide whether he was annoyed or just jealous. Monica stayed at school with him too, but everyone knew why Monica stayed. She had never told anyone, but after a while people started to notice the little things she did - her peculiar behaviour and odd little traits - and began to connect the dots. Monica didn't go home because she wasn't sure if she would return.

"Laurie is probably planting dungbombs in all the toilets around school at this very moment, Alex," Eleanor replied. "Trust me, I bet he's having the time of his life."

"Ah, yes - because nothing brings delight like setting off dungbombs," Cedric drawled, his voice heavy with sarcasm.

"Enjoyment is enjoyment, let the boy be," Eleanor defended.

"How would you feel if I said that about Fred Weasley's pranks on you?"

Eleanor sat back in her seat, scowled, and muttered something impolite under her breath.