hogsmeade one

11. HOGSMEADE ONE

 HOGSMEADE ONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Eleanor walked into the Hufflepuff common room, she couldn't help but notice that most of the students were dazed in delight. Now, this wasn't strange as Hufflepuff was typically a cheerful house, but they had never been as happy as they were now. She realised that those above their second year were the only ones with smiles on their faces.

Spotting Cedric, Laurence and Alex on the plump yellow sofas around the fire, she made a beeline towards them and plopped herself down next to Laurence. "What's new in the world, boys?" she asked, nodding her head to the ruckus behind her. "And what's wrong with you?" she nudged Laurence, noting the sullen look on his face.

"You just missed Ponnie putting up a notice," Alex informed and pointed to the notice board with both old and new bits of scribbled on parchment stuck to it. "You see that new sheet of paper next to the Quidditch schedule? Those are Hogsmeade dates!"

Just like all the other older students, a smile found its way onto Eleanor's face. "When's the next visit?" she exclaimed, happy with the news.

"In a week," Laurence groaned, bringing his head into his hands, "A travesty, isn't it?"

"Oh, here we go," Cedric muttered and looked up from the essay he was writing to send Eleanor a bored look.

"This is such late notice, I don't even have an outfit in mind!" Laurence cried, jumping out of his seat to pace back and forth. "Will the weather interfere with my hair, I don't know, because I haven't even seen the weather forecast. Plus, I only have a week to find a date, and yet nobody is throwing themselves at me!"

"We've been over this before, Laurie," said Eleanor. "You don't need a date to enjoy yourself."

"Of course you would say that, Miss I-Decline-Everyone's-Date-Offers," retorted Laurence, slumping back down in the seat next to her and crossing his arms like a child.

"I'm just too good for anyone," Eleanor shrugged, a prideful smile playing at her lips.

"Or too weird," teased Luke as he walked by with Joey, pinching at Eleanor's cheek, "Who else in this school takes pleasure in reading 100 Potion Recipe's Built For Disaster?"

Grabbing her wand, Eleanor pointed it at Luke and muttered the spell 'Tarantallegra!' Much to the common rooms amusement, Luke's legs spasmed uncontrollably to perform a tap dance routine like he was apart of a Broadway number. She smiled coyly at him as he yelped for help. From across the room, Kathy lazily flicked her wand at Luke and said a counter curse all while keeping her eyes on her book. "No charming people in the common room," she drawled.