gryffindor vs hufflepuff

15. GRYFFINDOR VS HUFFLEPUFF

 GRYFFINDOR VS HUFFLEPUFF

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Cedric had never looked so pale in all his life. The more he listened to the rain hammer down and the crowds outside roar,  the more fearful his expression became. Everything to do with Quidditch suddenly made him want to be sick. It was all one big reminder this game was actually happening and he couldn't let his house down.

"The weather," said Cedric, grim. He sank down onto the bench hopelessly. "Of all things I determined, I didn't think once about the weather."

"A small casualty," Eleanor quickly reassured. "Nothing we can't overcome, Cap." To her surprise, Cedric groaned and buried his head in his hands. Eleanor crouched in front of Cedric. "C'mon Mr Perfect, no need to be so glum," she said, "You know we'll be fine, I can see that glint in your eyes!"

Cedric looked at her gloomily. "Those are tears."

Eventually, after a lot of convincing, Cedric stood from the bench and faced his team. All chatter instantly dispersed as they watched him, intent on listening to what their captain had to say. He stuttered over his words a little, but his message was full of enough encouragement to renew the team's pride.

They exited the locker room and released themselves to the sharp sting of heavy rain and chaotic screaming of devoted Quidditch fans. From high up in the Hufflepuff stands, Laurence and Alex held up a painted yellow banner with a badger on it while cheering and waving. When Eleanor and Cedric came out onto the field, they made sure to whoop at the top of their lungs and blew generous amounts of kisses.

Across the field, blobs of deep-red robes approached. The wind threatened to blow them over, yet they carried on walking until they were at the centre of the pitch. Everyone took their designated places as the two captains shook hands with each other, one forcing himself to politely smile and the other's jaw tensed.

"Break a leg!" Fred shouted over to Eleanor. "Literally!"

Eleanor tipped her head back in spiteful laughter. "I'd be more worried about yourself, Red!" she yelled over the rain. He was about to reply, a smirk on his face, but the whistle sounded and the match commenced.

"And they're off!" Lee announced excitedly from the stand. "Hufflepuff Chaser Heidi McCavoy has ahold of the Quaffel and is already zooming towards the goal! The lovely Angelina Johnson doesn't follow too far behind though, oh I do think I'm in love with that witch-"

"LEE!"

"My bad, Professor," exclaimed Lee, holding his hands up in surrender. "Anyway, Johnson's tailing..."