how to dispose of a boggart

7. HOW TO DISPOSE OF A BOGGART

 HOW TO DISPOSE OF A BOGGART

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The morning post sent a plethora of owls soaring through the Great Hall, all different colours and sizes. Excited yelps came from the students, especially the first years who continued to be surprised with the events at Hogwarts. Eleanor kept her eyes out for Tawny, the Blythe family owl that positively hated her.

A brown owl came into sight, it's feathers perfectly in place and it's wings spread out wide. Even for a bird, Tawny looked like posh and pristine. She swooped down and dropped a yellow box with an orange ribbon embellishing it in Cedric's place instead of hers, and the letter that had came with it was purposely plopped in Alex's jam-coated porridge.

"Ah, what a surprise!" exclaimed Cedric, his eyes staring greedily at the parcel. He started undoing the bow, knowing what was in the box, but Eleanor smacked his hand away.

"Get lost, Mr. Perfect," she warned and snatched the box from out of the boys place before he could open it instead. Everyone on Hufflepuff table knew that when Eleanor received a package it was filled with delicious treats from her mother, each as mouth watering as the next.

Alex's spoonful of porridge halted midair. "Elle," he said and picked the half soaked letter out of his bowl, "This is for you... it's gone a bit soggy, though."

Eleanor glanced at the letter disappointedly. "I don't know what I did to Tawny to make her hate me, but Merlin, I hate her just as much," she told him and took the letter between her index finger and thumb. Carefully, she opened it and read the somehow still perfect, italic writing belonging to her mother over.

My little dove,
I miss you lots and lots, honey. I made cinnamon rolls for you! I really do hope you like them, they were a pain to make. There should be enough in the box for you to share with all your friends, so make sure to give them all one. Especially Alex, he's always complimented my baking. As always, the house is quiet without you. It gets lonely, but it gets me all the more excited for when you come home again. Caroline and Amos are making sure to visit every Thursday for dinner just like always. How is school? Pomona has only sent me one owl about your behaviour so far, but she did make sure to send words of praise as well. Always a dear, that woman. From what she says, you're doing amazing, but I didn't doubt for a moment that you wouldn't. Your dad would be so proud of you, he always was. Make sure not to overwork yourself, honey, it really is a bad habit of yours. How is Cedric? Make sure to congratulate him on my behalf for becoming Quidditch Captain, Caroline and Amos told me. Make sure to tell him I miss him too, he really is a sweetheart. I hope you're enjoying yourself!

All my love,
Mum.

"Cinnamon rolls," Eleanor announced to them all and placed the letter back down on the table. It made a slopping sort of noise because of the heavy-weight effect the porridge had on it. "Mum says congratulations for becoming Quidditch Captain, by the way."