Chp-13

Author Pov

Author Pov

Slowly opening her swollen eyes she blinked multiple times to clear her vision. Her half-opened bloodshot eyes met with the ceiling which lightened up because of the igniting rays of the sun coming through the balcony window as it wasn't covered with the curtain.

She with her whole strength hardly sit up on the bed and held her head in pain. She couldn't help but let out a moan of pain at how painfully her head was aching.

"My God!" She whispered rubbing her temples. Even the sideways of her eyes were aching badly because of all crying.

She removed the blanket off her body and let her feet meet the floor as she was sitting on the edge of the bed. Suddenly realization hit her.

How she ended up on the bed? She frowned in confusion. She has no idea when she fell asleep but she knew she slept on the balcony sofa then how.

Still thinking she stood up from the bed only to stumble on her feet. She let out a small yelp in pain placing her palm on the wall for support as her legs vibrated in extreme pain.

Her lower part felt like an electric current had passed through it. She has to close her eyes and bit her lip to control the painful screams that wanted to rip through her throat.

Gulping down she walked inside the bathroom with her trembling legs and took a shower again. She could feel her body temperature warmer than usual and she knew she has a mild fever.

Finally, after the shower, she changed her clothes and limped towards the kitchen. She had no idea how she will go to the office if she's this weak? Maybe breakfast would help her.

She looked around the kitchen and found a bread packet and eggs at least she can make toast and omelette. As soon as she started stirring the two eggs she froze in her place.

She felt two large arms wrapping around her tiny waist and a chin on her shoulder. And the familiar scent instantly made her recognize who it was.

"Why did you wake up this early." He whispered making his breath hit her neck. She gulped gripping the fork tightly as her hands started trembling.

"I-I have to go to my job." She stuttered out making him hum in response.

"Right you have a job. Well, you also have a job as my wife. So make breakfast for me as well." He said making her nod her head. She tried to move to grab more eggs but he didn't let her go.

He was standing still while hugging her waist and placing his chin on her shoulder. Rose stood there waited for few minutes that he might let her go but he didn't even move an inch away.

"Uhm I-I have to make breakfast." She awkwardly said.

"Hmm then make it." He replied still staying in the same posture.