𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

"Honey, I'm home!" Aunt Calista exclaims as she opens the front door. The bags of groceries clang together. "Abi, I need some help with these bags!"

Abi runs downstairs in a hurry to help her kind aunt. She took the bags and kissed Calista's cheek. "Thank you, babe." The aunt thanks the girl for her help.

"No problem, Aunt Calista." Abi pauses, "Hey, when are those people supposed to be here?"

"They will be here around six o'clock. I'm gonna start dinner." Calista smiles, Abi nods and checks her caution tape swatch watch that reads four o'clock. She runs up the stairs to watch a movie.

She looks around her room when she enters. She recently decorated it. The walls are grey, but that doesn't matter because you can't see the paint. The rest of the room is covered with horror movie posters and rock and roll posters. She smiles at the room and lays down on the bed. She turns on a movie, and after 10 minutes of looking at her collection of DVDs, she chooses John Carpenter's 1978 classic, Halloween.

"Knock, knock." An unfamiliar voice calls from the other side of Abi's door.

Abi opens the door to see an older woman in her mid-forties. "Hello?" She questions the strange woman.

"Hi! I'm Calista's friend. She told me to come get you for dinner. " The older woman sticks out her hand to shake it. "Sara Macher." She smiles down at the girl.

"Oh, uh, hi." Abi shakes Mrs. Macher's well-moisturized hand. "I'm Abi. Pleased to meet you."

"Well Abi, I've heard so much about you. You are more gorgeous than I imagined. " Mrs. Macher complements him. "You and my son would make such a cute couple."

Both of the women laugh, Abi's nervous laughter.

"Alright, we should get going downstairs." Mrs. Macher claps and walks away. Abi follows.

When they get downstairs, Mr. Macher approaches Abi. "Good evening," they shake hands. Mr. Macher's hand is rougher than his wife's. "You are mighty beautiful, darling." Mr. Macher whispers the last part with a wink. Abi cringes.

Just then, their son comes around the corner of the kitchen with Calista. Abi starts to get a bit nervous when she sees who it is.

"Hi, Abi, right?" The boy says, holding out his hand. Abi goes in for the handshake, but he takes her hand and kisses it. "I'm Stu." He smiles at her. She blushes. As her aunt interrupts, Abi pulls her hand back.

"Okay, Dinner is served! " Calista exclaims. Abi sits down at her usual dinner spot. Calista sits at the head of the 6 person table, then Abi, then the boy who goes by Stu on the right side. On the left side, the Macher boy's parents sit next to each other.

They quickly dig into the tortellini al Forno and engage in light dinner conversation. The teens talk about school and the incident in chemistry.

The tall high school boy continuously looks over at the girl. He didn't know why, but he liked her. He had some kind of gravitational pull towards her. He wanted to protect her. He knew he couldn't engage in anything too serious with Abi. Stu had a girlfriend, Tatum Riley. She was one of the hottest girls in school. Tatum and Casey Becker were pretty much tied. To Stu, Absinthe Adams was the most beautiful person in the world. He already adored her and they had just met.

When they were finished eating, Calista started to clean up. Abi and Stu got up and helped clean. Abi says her goodbyes to the parents of the cute boy, and then to the cute boy.

"Goodnight, Aunt Calista. I'm gonna watch a movie! " Abi called her Aunt.

Stu's head perked up, "Hey, Abi, can I watch it with you?" He hated being left alone at his parents' friends' house. They wouldn't talk about anything interesting.

She smiled at him and sheepishly said, "Sure, follow me."

When the pair get to Abi's room, Stu looks around at the posters. He was also into scary movies. "Woah, Abi, this is so cool!"

The girl blushes, "Thank you! I'm gonna change real quickly. " She goes into her closet to get some more comfortable clothes.

Stu goes to sit on her bed and waits for the girl to come back out of the big, walk-in closet. When she came back out, she was wearing plaid pajama pants that were way too long for her short legs and a tiny black lace cami crop top.

She sits down on the purple velvet comforter on her bed, next to Stu.

"So what are we watching?" She says with a light smile as she twists her body to point in Stu's direction, criss-cross applesauce style.

Stu got so distracted by everything in her room that he ignored her questions and asked his own. He smiled at her and asked her a question that he truly wanted to know the answer to.