𝐒 𝐈 𝐗

"Alright, Absinthe Adams is next!" The team captain of the cheer team said. Casey cheered a bit as Abi walked up in front of the table. The three judges were the team captain, Stacey Manning, her second in command on her right side, and Casey on her left. They each had a clipboard and a piece of glossy paper with a number to rate the cheer performances.

Abi used to do cheer years ago, so she thought she could pull something out of her ass. She had requested the song "Molly" by Mindless Self Indulgence.

"Abi, you can do this," she whispered to herself and began.

She started with more of a dance, then Casey threw the pompoms and she shook them only when the music had a hard beat. Abi incorporated two side body rolls, a quick ariel, and a split at the end. While in split formation, Abi raised her arm and shook the pompoms with a big shit-eating grin on her face.

The judges' table all stood and cheered for Abi. "You're in!" Stacey yelled at Abi. Casey winked and clapped. As for the rest of you, there are no more spots for the varsity cheer squad, so you will have to come next Friday to try out for the junior varsity team if you're still interested. My squad over here, please. "

Abi got up and walked over to the table. Casey shot her a smile. "Alright, I will post the cheer meet schedule on the school bulletin board and I will have copies made. Congrats to the new cheerleaders! " Stacey smiled. "You can leave and change now."

Everyone started to head for the girls' locker room, and Casey headed for Abi. "Congratulations, you did much better than I thought you were gonna do! Especially with no recent practice. " Casey nudged Abi.

"Thank you so much! That was so much fun. " Abi laughed.

"Yeah! Okay, so the next phase is to get you a jock boyfriend. " Abi side-eyed Casey, "Come on! We can go on double dates. Just think of me and Steve, obviously, and you and the hottest football player, Kyle Jacob! "

"Whos that?" Abi laughs, Casey gasps.

"You don't know Kyle?" She says a bit too loudly, "He's so hot and he's the quarterback of the football team! You have to meet him! You would make such a cute couple! " Casey tells Abi without breathing.

"Fine then, you will have to introduce me." Abi winks at her new blonde friend. Casey squeals into a happy dance. "What are you doing, dork?" Abi laughed.

"I'm happy I get to be the perfect matchmaker!" She giggles some more.

"Yeah, yeah, Miss. Matchmaker, can we get going now? " Abi playfully rolls her eyes.

Something about walking like that just felt so natural for the two teen girls. "Wait, do you have ?"

"Yeah, did you bring yours?" Abi asks.

"Nope, my parents were supposed to get me today, but I bailed on them. Can we take your car? " Casey asked. Abi was confused about her asking. It's what it's used for.

Abi stopped in the middle of the corridor of the school, "No, we can't use my car." Abi teased them and they continued walking.

"Wait, are you being serious right now?" Abi giggled at her gullibility.

"No, I'm kidding." Casey glared as they exited the large building.

They made their way to the video store in the blue car. The whole car ride, they jammed to Nirvana and talked about how hot Kurt Cobain was.

Abi got out of the car and checked her watch. It was six o'clock already. "Casey, we gotta hurry up," Abi pulled Casey's arm.

"Okay, so what are we watching?"