𝐅 𝐎 𝐔 𝐑

"Okay, what's your favorite horror movie soundtrack?" Stu lost his smile for a split second and concentrated on her answer. They both loved horror movies and music. It was their favorite pastime.

"Oh my god! That is such a hard question. Probably The Crows soundtrack. You can never go wrong with the cure! " Abi exclaims with a giggle. "What's your favorite?"

He thinks for a moment, "I really do enjoy The Silence of the Lambs soundtrack."

"That's a good one. I haven't watched that in so long. Do you want to watch it? " She asked him with a faint smile.

So the two teens put on The Silence of the Lambs to watch, but they mostly talked over the movie. They talked about their pasts, nothing too deep. They never spoke about past traumas, exes, or anything too deep. They were two people who loved to joke around and laugh.

The only time the mood got heavy was when they talked about when Abi lived here before and Casey Becker would bully her. Stu was genuinely upset that his ex-girlfriend was so mean to such a sweet girl, but he made her laugh after that by talking about Casey's weird-looking belly button. Abi and Stu cackled the night away.

He had just moved here when she was moving away in fifth grade. Stu thought it was funny that fate had just missed them.

Time flew by so fast, it felt like they had only been talking for an hour when in actuality they were talking for four hours. When it was time for Stu to leave, his dad called for him from the bottom of the steps. They went down the stairs and Stu's parents were at the door.

"Mr. and Mrs. Macher, Thank you for coming. Have a great night! " Abi said to the mid-forties couple.

"Oh honey, you are too sweet!" Mrs. Macher said as she walked out the door. Mr. Macher nodded and walked out. He seemed to be a serious man.

"Oh! Bye Stu, I'll see you tomorrow. " Abi smiled at him. He smiled back.

"We'll see ya, hun!" Calista said to the boy. He nodded at the young aunt.

"Goodnight, Abi." Stu kissed her forehead and, with that, he walked out.

Abi watched him walk out of the Victorian mansion and finally closed the door when he got into his car. She was taken aback by the forehead kiss. He was a true gentleman and he was funny. He seemed too good to be true.

"Woah." She leaned against the closed door with a loud sigh.

She checked her watch, "Eleven o'clock already. I better head to bed. Goodnight, Aunt Calista! "

With that, Absinthe Adams went to sleep soundly, unbeknownst to the future events that would soon unfold in the small town of Woodsboro.