𝐒 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍

Abi had rushed home to get ready for her date. She threw Casey's clothes into the wash and hopped into the shower. She decided to wear a green silk dress that met her upper thigh. The dress had a black sheer overlay with flowers embroidered into the dress. She paired it with maroon combat boots that she wore all day every day of freshman year, even though she was homeschooled. She was in love with them. They were stretched perfectly for her feet.

She put maroon lipstick on and a bit of black smudged eyeliner. Two front pieces of her hair were braided in the back to keep her hair out of her face. Once she was done, she told her aunt where she was going and she didn't know when she would be back. Abi's aunt was young and cool, so Abi was able to get away with much more than she would've with her dad.

Abi quickly drove to Casey Becker's house with a cigarette hanging off of her lips. Casey lived 20 minutes away, going above the speed limit. Abi didn't want to know how far away her house was from the speed limit.

When she arrived at Becker's house, Casey was practically already jumping into the short blue car. She was wearing light-wash overalls with a distressed black sweater underneath and white Adidas shoes. The second Casey closed the door, Abi darted off.

"Are you good?" Abi asked Casey, who looked like she was in pain.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just twisted my ankle when I was running down the stairs earlier. " Casey cradled her foot.

"Yeesh, that must've hurt. I have some aspirin in the glove box if you need it. " Abi gestured to the overfilled glovebox.

When Casey went to open it, the papers spilled out. Casey looked at Abi unamused, but Abi chuckled lightly. "I'm sorry. I'll clean it later. Did you find it though? "

"Yeah." Casey tilted her head back and took four of the pills. She sighed as her foot felt instantly better.

"Better?" Casey nodded and kept her head back. "So are you excited?"

"I'm more excited about you. Steve and I always go on dates." Casey paused, "You and Kyle would look so cute together. I hope it works out tonight."

"And this is only half of a double date because we will be sitting at different tables?" Abi was questioned.

"Yeah! It will give you time to get to know him properly. " She smiled at the brunette girl, "Your outfit is really pretty."

"Awe, thank you so much! Yours is too! " Abi took her eyes off the road to smile at Casey as Alice in Chains' The Bones faintly played on the radio.

After about ten more minutes of talking and laughing, they arrived at the pizza place. It was cute and cozy. Abi and Casey went straight into the building and looked for the boys. The boys waved them over. They had gotten booths right next to each other. Abi was nervous, but she walked overconfidently. Casey was right. He was cute.

"Hello." Abi smiled.

Casey kissed Steve and sat down across from him. She then introduced the brunette couple-to-be. "Kyle, this is Abi. Abi, this is Kyle. Now go have fun, you crazy kids. " Abi scowled at her friend and they walked to their booth.

When they sat down, Abi stuck out her hand for Kyle to shake it. He grabbed her hand and shook it gently. "So... what kind of pizza toppings do you like?" The boy spoke.

"I like literally anything besides garlic."

"Really? I hate garlic too! " Kyle said.

"So do you like movies?" Abi asked as she fiddled with a menu.

"Yeah, I love movies! Especially scary ones! "

"Me too! What's your favorite scary movie? " Abi asked another question.