Chapter 23 Solve Coagula

A/N: Guess who's back....back again...Shad- okay I'm going to stop now XD I'M BAACK! God this took longer than expected but, as usual, life has been crazy....The good kind of crazy tho! ^^ This chapter should have come up sooner, but I was so caught up in other things, happy things, relaxing and truly good things that it took me a bit longer to gather my brains and finish it. I'm in a better place in life now and I can only be grateful to the universe for blessing me so. ^^ I promise tho, I'll fall back into schedule asap because all of you have been the most supportive adorable boss ass people that keep me going! :D

Special thanks go to CreepyShadow for buying me a ko-fi, I'm inexcusable for taking so long in thanking you but I am truly and utterly grateful! <3

If you want to support me guys, remember that you can do so by buying me a  ko-fi! Keep being awesome and here is the new chapter!

In the place you occupied, that tiny spot deep within the darkness, there was peace.

Relief, deep-rooted and all-encompassing, set your weary mind at ease. There was the knowledge that on another place, on another consciousness of your own self, you were hurting, but the flames of a poisonous cold weren't enough to reach you all the way down here. You were safe, protected. At peace. A darkness that was only illuminated by the silver threads connecting to the back of your palms where twin marks of your servitude to your Lord had laid claim.

As you let them drown away all that you were, all that you are, and all that you may be, you allowed the silence to lull you into a sense of security; no matter how false you knew it to be.

There was no contact with the outside, cruel world.

Nothing could penetrate that bubble of silence and if it was any other time, you would have found it haunting. Still, here you were, after the immense pain you experienced, content in simply existing. Something in the back of your mind whispered it was dangerous to lurk here for too long, never able to go forward or back, suspended within an endless limbo that could offer you nothing.

Yet you could not bring yourself to care.

It was silent.

It was calm.

It was peaceful.

When you would close your (e/c) eyes, you would dream. Of places, you knew nothing about, of faces that were familiar yet unknown at the same time.

You would dream of standing within a strange room filled with all sorts of appliances, gazing outside at the dark street where a light flickered and a brown-haired man waved a salute to you.

Then you would dream of dark holes weaving their way to the depths of the earth itself, abandoned and cold and rough. A girl would emerge through one of them, starved and battered, looking at nothing and growling in pain. She would bow down and drink from the small puddles littering the floor right at your feet, desperate to find solid ground, to grab a hold of herself, to steady her mind upon the rocks.

Images of a house resting within the deepest confines of a black forest. Haunted by souls that had long ago been sold to the Tall Man, trying to survive, keeping close, keeping safe, watching each other's backs. Maniacal laughter and rusted blades, flashing orange, bloodied clothes and white masks. Togetherness and pain all mixing in one.