Chapter 5 This Is Halloween

A/N: I am somewhat satisfied with this chapter tbh :3 Exams were a bitch and my health was actually too deteriorated for me to do anything but breathe, so I'm really sorry for skipping a month ^^;; on the bright side, I've officially started working on my original series and future book and I cant wait for you to see all the things I have in store for it! :D as for this story, things are progressing and new things are starting to get introduced, I sure hope dear Reader that you'll survive them XD Enjoy my darlings, I'm hoping you are having amazing days <3

~Vivian.

'On another news, police is still looking for Agnes Kirpking aged eight, who disappeared on April 14th around the wooded area of St. Louis. Her parents had left little Agnes to play in a nearby playground but under unidentified circumstances, the girl went missing. Eye witnesses say they saw Agnes make her way towards the woods but upon calling out for her, she gave no response. Up until now the various searches have resulted into a dead-end but luckily no remains have be-'

Delicate hands reach out and press the power button of the TV, promptly shutting it down before the reporter had the chance to finish her sentence.

'Who knows what happened to the girl...' a saddened male voice breaks the silence of the kitchen, as the woman sighs and places the small plate filled with apple slices in front of the six year old girl sitting comfortably on her chair, moving her legs playfully back and forth as she grabs a small slice and bites down to it.

Mommy looks just as sad as Papa when she ruffles her hand lovingly through the little girl's h/c locks, trying to even out a few rascal strands; her e/c orbs are both saddened and scared and her perfect lips are pressed into a thin line before she turns to look at her husband.

'Who lets a little girl play alone like that? With all those dangerous people ar-'

'She is alright.' A small voice perks up 'She's with the kind man now.'

Silence descends grim over the couple, both of them turning to look at the little girl with concern as she merrily bites down on her apple slice.

'What do you mean _____?' Mommy dares ask, her voice wavering a little bit as she exchanges a look the little girl fails to see with her husband.

Greedily, the girl licks the sweet juices off her lips 'Agnes is okay mommy. The kind man came and took her with him so she'd be happy.' She comments and looks up at her mom 'He's really kind! He's tall and slim and lives deep in the woods and has lots of children living with him! He took Agnes! I saw him holding her hand like you do mama.'

With a violent jerk, you are pulled out of unconsciousness.

Immediately, the strong sunlight filtering through the windows blinds your tired eyes, forcing your brain into a great state of discomfort, turning towards the other side in order to avoid it. No matter where you turn though, there is no escaping the blinding rays and angrily, you try to force yourself back to sleep by pulling the old cover over you alas, your limbs are protesting for the uncomfortable surface you have them laying on. At first you wonder why; the space you are lying on is rather sturdy and the sunlight is enough to actually warm up your freezing and exhausted body, lulling it into a forced but comfortable sleep. Why is it forced though? You are oh so tired, you can sleep until Jesus comes around for drinks the second time and you'll have to kick yourself in the butt if you don't slip off yet again.