1:Him Again

"And they love wealth with abounding love, that is to say greatly and so they do not expend"

Lagos, Nigeria

Drained.

Her gaze stared further at the magnificent view before her which entails the banana island and the busy road ahead, she looked down at her empty sketching book and pen, and a new idea rushed into her head like a wave and just like that she found herself sketching it down while sipping the black tea she made with a small almost invisible smile on her face.

That's what works for her, a view, tea, pen, and boom ideas will start rushing, that's why she moved her study table close to her large size window that has a magnificent view of the beautiful banana island.

"Zahra Turaki!" It was her sister—khayri, that was calling.

Her face that was devoid of any emotion flickered to her elder twin siblings who were both holding a traveling bag.

"Na'am" Came her calm voice with a curt reply before her gaze flickered back to her sketch.

"Seriously?" this time around it was Yaya Adeel.

Yaya khayri came further dragging her twin with her squeezing them all into a group hug.

They all sensed the plainness of Zahra's embrace which was as dry as a leaf in a fall season, it was plain and void of any warmth.

Not really expecting much from her but neither did they expect this dry welcome.

The love they have for their sister was clear and transparent as a polished glass but they hate her nonchalant attitude, this wasn't who she was but the world and its cruelty changed her into such.

The world and its cruelty were what changed her.

And for such reasons, they always try to excuse her attitude.

Knees weakened, they dragged their feet out of the room each with a prayer in mind, as yet another new seed of hope planted itself in their minds.

^*^*^

Trudging out of the en-suite with only a bathrobe and a towel secured on her head in a turban style, her gaze flickered to where she heard a little shuffling only to meet Nina's her assistant and also a friend at the other end of her room which she labeled as her private lounge.

Noticing that the lady before her had no intention to talk, she raised one of her arched brow in question.

"You have a meeting with your doctor in the next thirty minutes boss, and I'd been calling your phone but I wasn't able to reach you" came Nina's formal reply.

Zahra wondered how Nina was very straightforward with her while others including her family are always cowering around her.

Maybe she was portrayed as a beast and maybe not.

But then they had no ounce of fear for her.

She didn't push them away because she hated them but instead to guard herself.

She dismissed her with a wave of hand and trudged into her closet.

Like always she got dressed in a plain black abaya with the veil rolled into a hijab and a black niqab that covered her face leaving only her large doe eyes opened.

This is the same dressing that made the outside world hate her but she's not stopping for anyone.

Let them curse,

But she's not exposing her body, not again.

Not ever!

She's still paying for that mistake.