2:Disappointment

...For your lord is forever merciful and forgiving.

A pin-drop quietness once again sheathed the atmosphere of the room, with its occupants each to their thoughts.

Zahra's head was hung low as her family went on with their discussion about what she did.

"Dada am I'm not impressed with what you did," her father remarked, with the name he usually called her with.

It's so obvious that he loved Fatima not only because she had his beloved mother's name but because of how he feels about her in every inch of his heart and soul, but that never stopped him from telling her the truth no matter how bitter.

And she noticed the sudden wave of emotions in his eyes which he was quick to conceal.

What she met in his eyes was something she hated.

She hated that she was the reason behind what she saw in his eyes once again, and hated herself for causing so much pain to her family.

Even more, she hated Adnan for making her a villain when she was nothing but a victim.

"A yi hakuri Baba" she pleaded with her gaze still cast down.

Gulping down the rest of her apologies but not uttering them, she dared not, or else that would lead to her being sentimental and oh she hated that, even though she's the type of person who hardly understands her emotions.

Her heart feels heavy and she can feel how slowly the remnant of peace she had from within washes away with each single beat of her heart.

Yaya noticed her mood and was quick to divert his parents' attention from the topic, he knew so well that Zahra did what she did for a reason which he'd like to find out just like any brother would.

He desires to see his sister happy and if her happiness lies in destructing Adnan's influence then he's scared he'll definitely help her in doing just that.

*^*^*

Her back lay in her bed while her fingers caressed the bracelet on her wrist, and her mind was lost in the lane that held some beautiful blurry moments in her life.

Lost in her world, she didn't realize someone was beside her until she heard the snap of a finger.

"Are you still stuck with this your childhood love, wait is that even love? I mean who loves at the age of seven for goodness sake" came Binaf's voice from beside her, she raised her gaze to meet Binafs scrunched up face and shoot her deadly glare as her response which made her giggle.

Binaf's efforts to get beneath her best friend's skin seem futile which annoys her to the core, so she resorts to pinching the former's nose something she eanerstly detests.

"Fatima Binafa Matawalle" Zahra's tone was laced with annoyance and warning dragged.

Binafa gauging the attention she needs, she adjusted her sitting position making herself more comfortable on the bed. "Your attitude will not stop me from telling you the truth"

"So you thought what you did yesterday was great yeah? You took a bold step indeed, clap for yourself, but that's not the case Zahra you only did that to show Adnan and the world that you'd moved on" Zahra's expression suddenly yawed to that of boredom upon hearing Binafa's words.

"The bitter fact is that you're only breaking yourself further, I know you hated this Zee but wallahi you need mental assistance, a very professional one to be precise"

"Really?" was only Zahra's response with a face and voice devoid of emotions.

Binafa just smiled, staring ahead of Zahra with tons of thoughts running through her mind, she'd promised to be a shield and aid to her girl, and with Almighty's support, she is going to be that.

"You really need a break Zee, so are you in for a trip" That caught her attention because apart from sketching, traveling is her next form of therapy as she likes to refer to it.

"Trip to where binafs and are you tagging along?" She wishes to go anywhere with either her family or her best friend, for they are the only people that tolerate her, she is well aware of the person she is, and a firm believer of the saying.

'The best part of an adventure is the one devoured with your loved ones'

"To Florida, them nannah are back here so you don't worry about socializing and I have a deal to close over there because Hamma Fawwaz is yet to be back" she ranted in a single breath

"I was supposed to be the elder, not Hamma, how can he let me do his job for goodness sake" It's no secret that Binafa is a lazy brat.

"He just wishes to see you stop being lazy girl" Zahra stated what she thought to be the obvious.

"Ah see pot calling kettle black yen yen yen" Binafa hissed and huffed,

"Binafs grow up and start acting mature please, Nannah will soon marry you off" and that got her attention.

"Do you know she and the queen of Daura are trying to hook me up with that excuse of a prince" Zahra's lips curled up into a smile something she hardly does or almost forgot how to.

"But Ammar is such a charming prince don't let that offer pass you" Zahra's words were laced with amusement and humor.

*^^*

Binafa's magic words earned her parent's approval towards the planned trip, yes! She still has to ask or even beg for her parent's approval before doing certain things, how old is she again? 21 years but then perks of having African, no wipe that, Arewa parents.

What earned Binafa that legacy is how much trust they have in the girl's upbringing, background, and most importantly the person she is, a mannered girl.

Binafa had been with Zahra almost all through her life, they met when they joined high school back in Canada and it's a boarding school, and their families are weirdly related not blood-wise though.

They had been together all through the bright sunny days and the dark cloudy ones, and not for once had they shown one another any negative energy, and for that they loved, adored, and respected each other.

And afterward, they joined college where Zahra went to Qatar for her dream course and Binafa studied architecture and carpentry then did some interior decor courses in NewYork while Zahra did Fashion design and tailoring.

A single mistake was what it took to change her whole life, a sin she underrated and thought nothing would be of its outcome, she wasn't the first to commit it so she didn't see why she'd paid for it.

What we humans tend to forget is we face the consequences of our sins in this world as a blessing, such that would make us turn to the Almighty and the most forgiving, but we only see the humiliation in those consequences.

Even if it were to be humiliation then we invited it upon ourselves.

Quick question: are you a movie or a book person?

My answer: I used to not be a fan of movies but I can't tell anymore🫣

With love,
Zahratus-Sahara🥀