8:A strike of bliss

~You got me drowning in your scent that was filled with pureness and undiluted love—Zahra

Abuja Nigeria.

Cold and chilly breeze, that was a product of heavenly pregnant clouds which are dark and ominous dances, caressing each uncovered skin, making the victims of such circumstance shivers, afraid any moments they'd burst and get them drenched, with goosebumps finding itself abode on their bodies top layers.

Her gaze travels through the chaotic airport searching for Binafs who was supposed to come pick them up as she suggested.

Yaya Khayri had wanted to send her driver to get them but Binafs refused, she persisted until they gave in.

A walking figure captured her attention which made her gaze fully focus there but that was cut short by Binafs that came into view and before she realized it, the figure had disappeared from her sight.

"Zahra Turaki" Binaf's voice cut her trance and she let her gaze settle on her.

She was dressed in full-length jilbab but the pajamas that she wore underneath decided they wouldn't stay beneath and peak making themselves visible.

This wasn't even new to her, Binafs is mostly always in pajamas and whenever there's a need for her to run errands or go somewhere she would just top it with an abaya or jilbab, that habit of hers has successfully rubbed off on Zahra, they are the real definition of birds of the same feather, though some of their habits are in total contrast.

Zahra didn't bother even a pinch when Binafs hugged her younger sister she didn't get that she was grateful Binafs respected her enough to abide by her bidding.

^**^

If she could then she would without a second thought get drowned in the baby smell—that's a blend of newborn baby pure smell with a dash of baby powder scent.

Her gaze lingered more on the cute baby face while her mind took a jog down memory lane, a phase she'd regretted and loved every bit of.

"Don't eat him raw please" Binaf's words were dripping out sarcasm while her sisters giggled.

For a moment she desired to strangle Binafs for interrupting her toxic thoughts, it was a strike of bliss, just her, her baby, and her toxic thoughts.

Her gaze flickered to Aman's fuming body that was curled up at the far end of the room, she was the reason behind the boy's mood and she didn't like it a bit, it wasn't her fault that she didn't come with Mukhlees, mummy made sure of that and here she is bearing the consequences.

"Aman, get your butts up and go get ready for Islamiyya before I get there, ranka zai baci fa" The kid knew not to mess around with his birth giver, so he grumpily gets his self up and makes his way out.

Yaya Khayri wasn't at all cold with kids, but they knew not to cross the line with her.

"I'll get him ready and take him, I've got a meeting with someone at the pop-up store in less than an hour" She didn't wait for any of their response before she sauntered out, Yaya khayri only but shrugged while Binafs got back to her phone.

"Be a good boy and Listen to your ustadh well, banda rashin ji kaji baby na" Aman nodded and giggled at his aunt and second mother, it was no secret that he liked the woman a lot.

Not Aman alone, almost all her nephews, nieces, and little cousins do, she shared a beautiful bond with them, one she didn't share with their parents even, whenever she recalled her childhood rough memories precisely those times when she was in school it tends to make her love kids even more, she was giving them something she didn't get.

Someone might mistake that for ungratefulness since she was wholly loved at home, but only she knew what she felt then, and even a little now that she recalled it.

The wall watch caught her attention and she huffed wondering what was making the whole missy late, the woman had popped up times without a number like she owned the place and she refused to meet her assistant claiming that she was here personally for the brand owner.

"Miss face cover" The mockery was what slapped her back to reality and she wasn't even a little bothered by what her 'mighty' guest said or anyone else, or maybe it was her absence of emotions? That she can't tell.

"Miss, this place is no trash, so you either get back and say the Taslim or you leave" Her attention was still on her tab without sparing her so-called guest even a glance, she don't give a damn even a little at the fact that the girl is president daughter, as much as she's concerned this is her empire, and whosoever tries to cross her will face her and consequences be damned.

Zaliha's ego was bruised but she won't leave without birthing what she had stored in, so she went and did as she was commanded to.

"I heard that you are a good designer, and I had gone through your designs and well not that bad" she ended with a wave while Zahra's lips curled up into a wicked smile from beneath the mask.

"I'd like you to make my walima and traditional saqi dress, since I realized you're more into modesty, my dinner and cocktail dresses are to be designed by the world's best fashion designers in UAE and Turkey" Her blabs only made Zahra's smirked deepened.

"We're fully booked for the rest of the year, so please do yourself a favor and look for another 'world best designer' to do your dress" and her attention gets back to her tab.

Zaliha's amused face yawed to its opposite before she recalled something and composed herself.

"This is me inviting you personally to my wedding events, don't worry you're allowed to dress in your baggy abayas or jilbabs, even top it with your niqab" Zahra's hands yank the luxuriously made card open, her eyes fell on the grooms name and for some seconds she loose control before she was able to school her expression.

The niqab she had on didn't veil that short expression that her eyes gave out and Zaliha was glad she caught it, and it gave her nothing but immense joy.

"You see that, expression of yours gave me nothing but a strike of bliss, Adnan, and I will be more than glad to have you at our wedding" She did a little fake bow before her giggles filled the atmosphere, and out she is.

Her phone ping and the message could have made her lose balance if she wasn't seated.

"You're still my first baby, so worry not, Zaliha isn't your rival so do not take her as one Mrs. Adnan." She abhorred every word in the message and if she could then she'd gladly unread what she just read.

Please and please, I want to hear your thoughts regarding this book.

With love, Zahratus sahara🦋