4:Fears and past

~I wanted to move on, but then you'd left your footprints on my soul—Zahra

Florida USA

Fear

Terror

And fear again.

That's what engulfs her being as her body furiously and violently shakes, sweating even with the air conditioner while her mind turns cold due to fear, this nightmare wasn't the first neither would it be the last that she knew of, but she didn't think she'd ever get accustomed to it.

Despite how spacious the room was, she still felt as if the walls were closing up on her, her breathing was raspy and the world around her seemed to be spinning around, and that alone made the memories come rushing becoming clearer.

Binafa who trudged into the room due to Zahra's screams that filled the empty dark walls of the house decided to recite the Qur'an for her just like her family would.

They would never forgive Adnan for this, he had broken the poor girl beyond repair and he's out there enjoying himself.

She felt calm after a while, so she made her way to the bathroom to perform ablution, heading to the faucet, her hands fetched a fistful of water then splashed it on her face, she repeated the act severally, then afterward performed the ablution and trudged out, opting to pray.

Right there before her lord, she felt the calmness and peace she had not felt for a while, and right that instant she knew there was no other position better than that of a servant in sujood.

One thing she would forever be grateful for regarding her dark cloudy past was how everything that happened dragged her closer to her lord, she was a better Muslim after the whole incident and she's grateful for that.

^*^*^

The view before her could have calmed her down if she was paying attention but no, not when her demons were eating her whole being raw, as much as she wanted to forget her past she couldn't for it was already catching up on her, glued to her shoulders while it weighed her down.

She's tainted for life that she's sure of, her whole being was scarred and wounded, a never-healing wound, she came to the beach hoping it would calm her even a bit but nay, she was only lying to herself.

"Enjoying the sunset without me I see" It nearly passed over her mind that Binafs was to meet her here because she was planning to leave already, for the initial plan for coming here was ruined by her taunting past.

She was clad in the same outfit as hers, an ankle-length evening garment with fur decorating the v-neckline and the edges of their sleeves, her hair was wrapped in a hijab with a sun hat atop, and her eyes were covered by black Ray-ban Justin sun shades.

Binafs dropped the painting materials she came with and began to set up the items, this is something they shared in common, they had a lot of things in common but their obsession for painting was on another level.

Her chauffeur came right after her with a satchel and slipped it before them, he brought out a beach mat and some flower bouquets, and binafs dismissed him and urged Zahra to help her set it up, she wanted them to do it together, some teamwork.

The content of the bag was non-alcoholic wine and glasses then some small chops- a box of family-size pizza, cake slices, a pack of loaded fries, all that was extremely much for their consumption but they trust Binafs to always go extra.

"Let's paint down this beauty before us" Zahra's lips almost tilt up but ended up stretching.

"You should have stayed at home and rested, you're doing a lot for me" Her words made Binaf's lips tug down into a small frown and her gaze snapped in her direction.

"Seriously Zee, are we still on that level" There was a drip of hurt and pain in her words when she said that which made Zahra feel an unfamiliar feeling, she's not the type that understands her emotions, she wasn't sentimental at all but she could tell if what she's feeling is good or bad.

" Binafs I don't mean it that way" Binafs was about to reply when she got cut off by her ringtone which cut through her jumbled state, and her lips curled up while her heart danced to the tune of joy upon sighting the caller ID but was quick to conceal it with a fake frown so the person would not hint she's all that happy to talk with him.

"Assalamu alaikum baby sis" she heard the unshaken voice of her favorite person on earth, but no one should tell him that.

"Wa'alaikas salam" she curtly answered, which made him chuckle from the other side, he decided to ignore his sister's dramatic self and swivel the talk to the reason why he called.

"You really handled the deal well, my baby you closed up that deal" he cheered with pride laced tone which made her frown varnish and instantly got replaced with a smile.

He was proud of her and she could feel it in his voice, it was the same voice her parents used earlier in congratulating her, she was happy that she was able to make them happy.

"Yaya fawwaz this doesn't mean I'll continue to handle your work for you, come back and take over abeg" he only giggled more at her words, he was slowly relieving himself of this duty, he's glad his little sister was warming up to the business world, since he couldn't.

He was more pleased with being a pilot, flying like a bird that he liked to believe he was.

"When are you leaving for Nigeria? Or are you not attending the wedding" he swivels the topic to another.

"I've to prepare myself for all the 'when are you getting married' argh this your family can be overwhelming"

"Not a negative word about family Fatima" she only scoffed at his reply, "how's Zahra? Btw heard you're together" he added flatly, as if it was okay for him to be obsessed with her best friend's whereabouts.

She didn't mean that he shouldn't ask after her, no! It's just that she can sense something fishy cooking up in his mind and the thought alone made her giggle.

"Yaya fawwaz" she sings.

Her head swivels to where Zahra was seated so engrossed in whatever she was doing on her phone, though she had an inkling that it was something business-related because it is the only thing apart from her online Islamiyya that could make her look this lost.

"Zahra, Yaya Fawwaz is saying hi" She snapped her fingers crossed her eyes, which made Zahra snap her gaze towards Binaf's direction.

She offered her a small appreciative smile and replied in a quiet tone then turned her gaze back to her phone, occasionally grabbing some of the siblings' banter.

Zahra's phone pinged indicating an incoming message, she tapped on the message icon and stared fazed at the 'no caller ID' but opened it nevertheless.

'Your peaceful days are almost over, so start counting tik tok'

She feared every word in the message but instead of cowering she scoffed, the sender must be joking and very stupid to think that she was currently at peace or anything near that.

Her peaceful days were long ended and she had no hope of having them back, she's done been optimistic, maybe in the next life but not the one she's currently living in.

I'm super excited🥹my very own multitalented girl made that cover guys, and I fell in love with it at first sight, like bruh it's so beautiful, Allahumma bareek! I know you said no thank yous but nevertheless, thank you once again rahma am🫶🏻 rahma_Inuwa

I wish to go on a beach date with my best friend also sai dai kash garin mu ba beach🤭ko rafi bamu da shi a katsina😭garin ku akwai rafi ko beach?

Q: have you tried beach date with your girl/man, Was it fun?

Nidai I've never amma zamuyi ni da malam🤭irin halal beach date din nan🤌🏼

With love, Zahratus sahara🦋