3:Dirty game

~you'd managed to snatch away every bit of my inner peace—Zahra

Florida, USA

Bits of relief

Only bits of

Relief washed over her as she views through her lence from the balcony with a tea mug in her right hand and a phone in the other as the sunrises with a soft clear golden hue from below the horizon, giving the city a more picturesque view, it was such a sight to behold, a view she couldn't resist the urge to paint on a canvas and so she went in and grabbed her oil paints, a pendulum, a canvas and all the necessities she would need.

Halfway into the painting, she heard some movements from inside the room she lodged and so she looked behind and her eyes met that of her grinning best friend's.

"You woke up early" Binafs stated the obvious then continued, "I thought you'd be jet lagged"

"Well you know I wouldn't miss the beautiful sunrise, are you heading out?" She asked checking her best friend out.

Elegantly dressed Binafs stood behind her, exuding sophistication and elegance, with an aura of opulence and power, a testament to her self-owned wealth, she was just being Binafa.

"Yeah, I have a meeting with the finance department in an hour so I have to leave early, I had informed the cook what I knew you'd like for breakfast, so bye" she ranted and Zahra's lips curled up into a small appreciative smile.

Binaf's eyes trailed to Zahra's painting and couldn't help the smile that broke through her lips, she was glad Zahra was doing something she loved and something that'd make her happy.

"I'm definitely taking that when you're done, thank you in advance" Zahra only shook her head, she couldn't with Binafs, there's nothing of her property in this world that she couldn't give Binafs talk less of a piece of art.

^*^*

Binafa matched with gentle strides through the hallways of her father's company 'Matawalle Motors' back to her office after long hours of boring meetings and signing of deals, she made sure she was settled on the executive seat and legs intertwined over the desk before a smile took over her never wavering hardened straight business face.

Her gaze wandered around the office that was adorned in nude shades, the wall adjacent to her desk accommodating a large ocean theme resin craft frame, the office exudes a minimalist and Mediterranean aesthetic, looking like a space straight out of a Pinterest board, a testament of the owner's strong taste for interior architecture and design, she proved her stan as a certified interior artist.

Her hand stretch further to picked up her phone dropping her legs and getting up in the process then headed to the large screen window that was in her office, she recalled how she left Zahra at home, and she was glad she wasn't in a shell at that moment at least, it's been years already but she was still not fully accustomed to the new cold Zahra.

She missed her high-spirited and carefree friend, the Zahra who was always talking and the one with come back for every word you threw her way.

She won't say even then her life was perfect for the girl had lived a school life that was a blend of toxicity and chaos, right from her early years but she was a lot better growing up and was much better than how she is now.

Everything changed when that 'he-goat' made an appearance in her life, she was never a fan of Adnan right from the start which caused a rift between her and Zahra for a couple of years, that's a story for another day though.

She was scared for her and what that psycho might have plotted for her by now, she wished she could shield Zahra from the evil plot of that psycho but she couldn't, she could only pray and seek Allah's assistance in this.