Chapter 6

When Shouta goes to wake Izuku for school, he finds the boy already up and dressed. This is definitely a first for him. Usually, the kids protest going to school, but this one is ready before he is. A quick breakfast of rice and fish is eaten, then Shouta drives Izuku to school.

"I've never been driven to school before," Izuku comments once they're on their way. "Usually I just walk."

Now Shouta understands why Izuku was ready before him. He's used to getting up earlier for school since he has to walk every day.

"Mic and I will be driving you to school from now on. Our house is quite a bit further from your school than your apartment was." Shouta glances to the side to make sure that mention of his old home doesn't upset the boy. Aside from a minor downturn of his lips, Izuku seems fine for the moment. "If you need anything throughout the day, have them call for either one of us at UA. You can request us either by our hero names or our last names. Mine is Aizawa, and Mic's is Yamada."

The lack of matching last names confuses Izuku. "Why don't you have the same last name?"

The question draws a small chuckle from Shouta's lips. That was a common question from people who knew Shouta and Hizashi back when they had gotten married. "We couldn't decide on which name to take, and it keeps reporters from catching on. I don't particularly enjoy the limelight, and that would be all I see if even one reporter were to find out."

That makes sense. Eraser Head is known for avoiding the press whereas Present Mic is everywhere, not a month goes by without at least four articles on the loud hero.

When they reach the school, it's far earlier than Izuku has ever gotten there. Even earlier than Kacchan usually arrives.

"Sorry that I have to drop you off so early," Shouta apologizes. "I have to get to school myself."

Izuku just waves the hero off, insisting that he'll be fine.

As he sits in the classroom, waiting for everyone to arrive, Izuku opens his bag to check that he didn't forget anything. All his homework is complete, his current hero analysis notebook is there, and his stash of "Kacchan Essentials" is still in place in the false bottom of the bag. It won't hurt to double check the notebook in that section to make sure he still has enough of those essentials for the time being. He's not sure how to explain to his new guardians about the things he regularly keeps stock of without leaking his pseudo-brother's secret.

When the blonde haired boy enters the classroom, long before the rest of their class, he's far more subdued than normal, at least until he sees Izuku. Even so, the way he speaks to the slightly younger boy holds less malice than normal.

"The Hag told me about Auntie." That's probably the closest Izuku will get to sympathy from him. Kacchan isn't exactly the most empathetic person.

Since no one else is in the room, Izuku takes this chance to check with the boy that he has everything he needs. "I-i know you don't like m-me talking about it, but do you..?"

Kacchan glances about the room to make sure no one is there before opening his own bag. After rustling around for a minute, he curses. "Fuck, I thought I still had some in here from last month. How do you always fucking know, Deku?" Some of the malice has returned to the blonde's voice. He can't stand that the quirkless loser not only knows his secret, but always seems to know when he needs certain things. It's almost stalkerish, the way Deku pays attention to him.

Izuku pulls out a pocket planner along with the items that he knows his childhood friend turned bully needs. Just enough for today, though. Kacchan will likely add them more to his own bag once he gets home.