Chapter 7

Mitsuki does her best to keep from triggering any panic in her honorary nephew up until the point when his dark haired guardian arrives to pick him up. She's used to yelling across the house, and doesn't even think about the fact that the boys have been in the living room the entire time.

"Brat, bring Izuku to the door!" Mitsuki yells two seconds after Shouta introduces himself to her.

Katsuki rolls his eyes at his mother's forgetfulness. He'll remind her to watch her tone when Deku is around later, after Deku leaves. "Come on, Nerd, sounds like one of your guardians is here."

As Kacchan goes to stand, Izuku grabs his hand to stop him. "Can I tell them?"

Katsuki doesn't need Deku to elaborate. He fully understands not only the question, but also the reason why. "Only if you have to." In other words, only when Izuku runs out of supplies to help Katsuki with and needs to get more.

The ride back to the hero's home is silent as Izuku wonders how his new guardians will react to his friend's secret as well as his own quirklessness. Should he even tell them he's quirkless? He also thinks about the night he was brought into their home, and their conversation that he's pretty sure they didn't expect him to be able to understand. What was Shouta thinking of that Mic didn't want him to? What was unfair to him?

"I was w-wondering," Izuku comments as he watches the dark haired hero start making dinner. "Wh-when you were t-talking to Mic, the night I came here, wh-what's unfair t-to me?"

Shouta turns around in shock. The boy knows sign language, and followed their entire conversation? "What exactly do you mean?"

"W-well, he asked if y-you were thinking what h-he thought you were, a-and he said 'it's not fair to him.' Wh-what's not fair to me."

"Hizashi wasn't talking about you." Shouta sighs. At Izuku's look of utter confusion, he decides to expand on that statement. "When Hizashi and I were in school we had a son who we had to give up due to our circumstances. By the time we could try to get him back, he was five, and I felt it was best for him to stay with his adoptive family instead of changing his entire world."

Izuku nods in understanding. Taking a child away from the only family they've ever known can possibly be traumatic for them. They could even resent the people who take them away.

"Hizashi wanted to try and find out where he is and get him back, but I insisted that it would be better to leave him where he is and just adopt if we wanted kids. He's stubbornly refused to adopt since, saying that it's not fair to have given up on our child and choose someone else's."

The hero's story only leads to more questions running through Izuku's head. They're both male, so how do they have a child together? Is one of them like Kacchan? Which one of them has the highest probability of being like Kacchan? Should he even ask? Would it make his temporary guardians uncomfortable if he asked?

"One question at a time, Izuku," Shouta chuckles out at the boy's rapid mumbling that he's sure Izuku doesn't even realize he's doing. "Why don't we start with the question mentioning Kacchan. I assume that's the blonde boy who you went home with."

Izuku nods. "His name is Bakugou Katsuki, but I've called him Kacchan since we were little. I couldn't pronounce Katsu-chan." As he talks, Izuku realizes that he's finally not stuttering, he's actually comfortable around the hero.

Shouta nods in understanding while wondering what caused the sudden lack of stuttering. Does it have to do with who is being talked about, or is the young boy getting more comfortable around him already? "You'll have to elaborate on wondering which of us is like him."

"Shit," Izuku murmurs. He wasn't supposed to tell them unless he had to, and now Shouta is curious because Izuku can't seem to control his mumbling. Kacchan has warned him, multiple times, that something like this could happen. Well, Kacchan had said that he can tell them if he has to, and this seems like a point where it's necessary, so he just blurts it out quickly. "Kacchan wasn't born a boy."

The shock on Shouta's face scares Izuku for a moment. Was he wrong? Was the older male actually against people like Kacchan? The longer the silence goes on, the more Izuku worries that he might even be told that he can't be friends with Kacchan anymore.

Noticing the panicked look on Izuku's face, Shouta realizes how long he's stood in silent shock. It's not like it's the first time that Shouta has met someone who's like himself, but Katsuki is the youngest person that he's met like him along with the hardest to tell that he is. "Sorry for the silence," Shouta apologizes to the boy. "I was just shocked because, if you hadn't said something, I never would have been able to tell that he was like me. Now, how do you know sign language?"

Izuku smiles at the hero in front of him. He doesn't have to worry about Kacchan's secret with his guardians because one of them has the same secret. To answer Shouta's question, Izuku decides to sign. Well, I want to become a hero, and not everyone can hear, so I want to be able to put people with hearing impairments at ease. Plus, Kacchan's quirk is loud, and I worry that he could lose his hearing because of it, too. I asked mom to get me lessons a few years ago.

Shouta can't help the huge smile that stretches across his face. This boy is special. Not many people would think that far into the future about their family, let alone friends or even people who they don't even know. He can't wait to tell Hizashi when she gets home from the radio station.