Chapter 16

When Deku finally got out of the hospital, Katsuki became the most protective of the slightly younger boy that he's ever been. Deku could barely escape the boy long enough to go to the bathroom in peace due to Katsuki's fear that Deku will somehow get himself into trouble again. The way that his friend looked when Katsuki had gotten to the hospital to visit him scared him more than he wants to admit. He never wants to see the boy like that again. He loves Izuku too much to want to see him like that again.

After Izuku was given a clean bill of health, thanks to Chiyo's help, some of the wavering in his resolve disappeared, making Hizashi uneasy with the idea of adopting the boy. He's still too afraid of his son resenting him for choosing someone else's child over him. Whether Shouta noticed the waver in his resolve, or the return to his prior feelings, though, Hizashi couldn't say. He hopes that Shouta didn't notice. He doesn't want to get his husband's hopes up only to crush them once again.

Hitoshi becomes a regular in the household of the pro heroes, and he often brings his sister with him. Hizashi even took the girl to buy some more girly clothes to wear that gets kept over at their house so she can at least wear what she feels most comfortable in when she's there. 

"I can't believe how cold it is already," Hitoshi comments as he enters the house. It's the middle of October, but the temperatures feel more like it's December.

Izuku laughs. "I wouldn't know. Dad and Kacchan won't let me out of the house except to go to school and train. They're worried that I'm going to break or something."

Hitoshi chuckles. Izuku did it again. He's been accidentally calling Aizawa dad at random points for the past two weeks, and sometimes, he even accidentally calls Yamada papa. It took Hitoshi a bit to realize which one was being called which until he realized that Yamada is still called Mic by the green haired boy more often than not, but he's started saying Shouta less and less.

"I called Shouta dad again, didn't I?" Izuku asks making Hitoshi laugh more. He wonders who finally told the boy that he was doing that. "It's not funny, Hitoshi. Mic doesn't want to adopt, and I don't want to make him uncomfortable by calling them names that are obviously for parents."

This is the first that Hitoshi has heard about the hero not wanting to adopt Izuku. He honestly thought the pair already had, and Izuku was just starting to warm up to the thought. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

Why would the voice hero not want to adopt Izuku? The boy clearly fits with them as if he was meant to be their son, so what's the problem?

The boys hang out for a while, watching movies together. If Shouta was home, they would have been been taken to UA to visit one of the training ground so that he could work with both of them on training. 

Ever since the incident with the Training camp, Shouta has only let two of the students near Izuku, Ajisai and Akio. The two of them, usually accompanied by Akio's little brother Denki, often help with Izuku's training, whether it be through playing victim while Izuku and Denki have to work together to rescue them, or playing the villain the the pair of eleven-year-olds have to thwart without fighting. Fighting will come later after Izuku gets the chance to build up more strength.

"I'm home," Hizashi calls out quietly only expecting to see Izuku, maybe Katsuki with how often the boy just appears out of nowhere, so he's slightly startled when he sees Hitoshi laughing with Izuku at whatever comedy movie they're watching.

As soon as Hitoshi notices the blonde's presence, he stands up to follow him. He wants to ask about Hizashi's stance against adopting.

"Yamada-san," Hitoshi says to get his attention. "I heard something from Izuku that has me a bit confused."

The blonde hero turns to face the purple haired boy. "What's wrong, Hisoshi?" 

Every time Hizashi sees Hitoshi, he can't stop thinking of the lilac tufts of hair on his son with Shouta, and his deep purple almost black eyes. Shouta has told him many times that he was born with purple eyes too, but that they changed to black when his quirk manifested. He's often imagined what their son would look like now, and honestly, most of his imaginings have looked similar to the boy. There's no way that they would have accidentally stumbled upon him, though. The couple who adopted their son were planning to move to the other end of Japan when they adopted him.

"I honestly thought you and Aizawa-san had adopted Izuku, but he told me today that you didn't want to adopt. Why not?"

HIzashi sighs. "You're adopted, right, Hitoshi?'

The boy nods in affirmation waiting for Hizashi to go on.

"If you were to ever find your birth parents and find out that they chose to adopt someone else's kid, but didn't choose to get you back, how would you feel?"

It doesn't even take Hitoshi a second to have his answer. "I would think that child needed them more than I did. I want to find them, not to ask why they gave me up. I want to ask them to adopt Akira. My adoptive parents are only fostering her. They say she has to give up on wanting to be a girl before they'll officially adopt her, and I want her to be somewhere that she can be herself."

Somehow, hearing that answer from Hitoshi completely clears his conscience. He can't tell if it's just because of the fact that Hitoshi actually knows what it would be like for his son if he were to find them, or just the fact that it's an angle of the situation that he never thought of. Either way, he knows that he needs to start making phone calls now if he wants things figured out by Shouta's birthday. What better birthday present could Hizashi give him, than exactly what he's been wanting for years? And if he can manage it, maybe he could even help Hitoshi out in giving his sister somewhere she can be herself. All he can do is try.

"Thank you, Hitoshi," Hizashi smiles at the boy. "You helped me finally find the answer I've been looking for."

Hitoshi returns Present Mic's smile. He already figured out what's on the blonde's mind, and he doesn't plan on being the one to spoil the surprise. He just returns himself to his seat next to Izuku, and continues watching movies with him as if nothing has changed within the household.

Two chapters in a day. Who am I and what have I done with myself? Only one chapter left to Dadzawa, and then I will work on some of my other fan fictions before starting into Control. I'm so rpoud of myself for getting this far, and I'm excited to end this one to continue the series.