one

the events in this book WILL NOT imitate the sequence of events in aot. although some may be the same towards the start, it will follow a different timeline (kind of) also most characters are missing because i'm lazy.

this is an introductory chapter to help understand the canon of this story.

my father had always told me to be true to myself, even if it required the downfall of others. hearing those words as a kid held minimal meaning, but as i grew older they found purpose. i still remembered the way my mother would cradle me in her arms, promising me freedom and a substantial life.

likewise, i remember the sound of boots smacking the floor and the painstaking noise of my front door smashing into the wall beside it. the way a dozen or so men screamed, ricocheting the wooden walls making it coherent whilst me and my mother gardened out back. the stench of freshly drawn blood hitting my nose once we scrambled back inside, the way it stained the floorboards a crimson red. my mother tried to cry, she tried her hardest to let any form of expression leave her mouth as i watched in horror at my dead father by my feet. i looked up at her in confusion, the image of tears streaming down her face, mouth hung open in terror still engraved into my memories.

the lifeless look in her eyes grew true, a gunshot stung my ears followed by buzzing. i covered my head with my hands to make it stop.

ever since that day, my life seemed like a blur. all i remember is the military police brigade informing me of what happened, and then sending me away to a farm in the northern region of wall rose. it was completely isolated, a large estate in the solitude of nowhere.

however, that's where i met my historia.

she was the girl that resided on the estate, with her mother. we instantly became best friends, anywhere she went i would follow. it began by my reading to her every night, and she swore she would have night terrors if i forgot one evening. we was like sisters.

that was, until, our later teen years.

"historia!" i called after the girl as she disappeared through the long grass. i began to panic, although historia was playing a game. my worry for her exceeds need.

"historia." i shouted again, trying to get her attention. i stepped further into the corn field, but this ultimately blocked my vision more. tears began to well in my eyes as i tried to gather her whereabouts, i shouldn't have let her run off.

"please." i whispered, hoping she would telekinetically comprehend it.

"boo!" a voice startled me, two hands grabbing onto my shoulders. my body jolted in shock. however, i turned around to meet the blonde and embraced her lovingly.

"historia! don't do that again." i pleaded, my firm arms wrapped around her neck. she giggled in response.

"you're such a crybaby, y/n." historia teased, however raising her hand to softly stroke the back of my head.

"i needed to talk to you," historia added, piquing my interest. i pulled away from her body, instantly missing the smell of honey.

"what is it?"

she sighed, hesitant to conjure the words and she didn't know how my reaction would entail. "i want to join the survey corps."

my eyes widened in shock.

"are you kidding me! you'll get yourself killed." i begged historia not to go. i had lost everyone important to me so early, i couldn't lose my historia too.